ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » how to communicate the messages using cluster

how to communicate the messages using cluster « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
lalli_urs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: how to communicate the messages using cluster Reply with quote

Novice

I have two Queue managers QM1 and QM2 in the same host. Created 'Queue1' queue in QM1 and 'Queue2' queue in QM2. I have to communicate the messages from 'Queue1' in QM1 to 'Queue2' in QM2 using cluster channels.

Can someone help me with the steps to communicate using cluster?
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: how to communicate the messages using cluster Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

lalli_urs wrote:

The whole point of a cluster is that you don't "communicate" the messages from one queue to another - the cluster does. If you want messages in 'Queue2', put them on 'Queue2' from either queue manager.

If they don't go to 'Queue2', you've made a mistake in the cluster configuration.

If you want them to be put to 'Queue1' in one queue manager and end up on 'Queue2' in another, that's a point to point connection not a cluster.
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I think you'll have to explain what you are doing and what errors, if any, you are getting before we can tell you are doing wrong ? Your message can be interpreted many ways. Do you not know how to send a message ? Or are you sending a message and it is not working ?
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: how to communicate the messages using cluster Reply with quote

Jedi

lalli_urs wrote:
I have two Queue managers QM1 and QM2 in the same host. Created 'Queue1' queue in QM1 and 'Queue2' queue in QM2. I have to communicate the messages from 'Queue1' in QM1 to 'Queue2' in QM2 using cluster channels. Can someone help me with the steps to communicate using cluster?

"I have to..." What is driving that requirement?
An MQ cluster can allow an app on QM1 to open a queue and put messages, and they will be delivered to a queue on QM2. I suggest that you research MQ clusters and how they work.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: how to communicate the messages using cluster Reply with quote

Poobah

lalli_urs wrote:
I have two Queue managers QM1 and QM2 in the same host. Created 'Queue1' queue in QM1 and 'Queue2' queue in QM2. I have to communicate the messages from 'Queue1' in QM1 to 'Queue2' in QM2 using cluster channels.

Communicate? Do you mean that you need to move (copy) messages from from a source queue to a destination queue? If so, there are supplied utilities at v8 that can accomplish this.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Why do you need to put the messages on Queue 1 in the first place?

If your app is connected to QM1, it can directly put to Queue 2, and the cluster will move messages to the right queue on the right queue manager.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » how to communicate the messages using cluster
Jump to: