ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » NNSY Fmtr GUI- Jump to Rules gets Cannot open selected file

NNSY Fmtr GUI- Jump to Rules gets Cannot open selected file « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Paul D
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 11:28 am    Post subject: NNSY Fmtr GUI- Jump to Rules gets Cannot open selected file Reply with quote

Master

I'm running MQSI 2.1 CSD#1 on Win 2000 and HP-UX 11.0. In the Neon Formatter GUI, Output Control Panel, I recieve the following message box - Microsoft Management Console - "Cannot open selected file" when I press the "Jump to Rules" button. Any ideas on why I would get this?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Paul Dix
Northwestern Mutual
I.S.-Middleware Tech Support
Paul D
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Got the solution from IBM...

Hi Paul, Investigating further, I found this to be a known problem that occurs due to an incorrect registry entry. The problem can easily be solved by using regedit to examine HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\New Era of Networks\nnsycomps and making sure that "ncompsrootshort" uses the 8.3 filename syntax ie. it should be set to something like - C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\MQSERI~1.2\nnsy rather than the expanded names. . Please let me know if this helps.

I tested this and it now works...
noblate
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I have the same prolem as Pau did. and I changed the syntax in the registry, but it doe not worK.
MVO
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I'm running WBI5.0 FP4 on Win2000. I also get "MMC cannot open the selected file" when selected "Jump to Rules". The IBM support site indicated that this is a known problem and is fixed in FP4 but it does not seem to be true. Anybody has the same problem ? And did you resolve it ? I have a PMR opened but IBM support does not know how to resolve it !

Many thanks
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

Did you read through the installation instructions for FP4?

There are instances where it appears that the FP4 updates have been applied, but did not take in the tooling.

The installation instructions indicate how to tell if this is the case and how to fix it.
MVO
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks for the reply.

You meant, update Toolkit with "Software Updates - Pending Changes" ?
I did that and am still getting the same error when invoking NNSY Formatter from the Toolkit. "Jump to Rules" however works fine when I invoked NNSY Formatter outsite of the Toolkit.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » NNSY Fmtr GUI- Jump to Rules gets Cannot open selected file
Jump to: