ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » FileInput Node-Records not reading correctly each time

FileInput Node-Records not reading correctly each time « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Prasi
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: FileInput Node-Records not reading correctly each time Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

I have a 4 applications with FileInput node which listens to the same directory. I am putting 3 files in the folder each having 10 records. When I am starting the flow,one time it reads all 10 records and the next time it reads only 9 records and sometimes it reads only 8 records. This is weird. Can someone please help me?
hcinko5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Quote:
I have a 4 applications with FileInput node

Do you mean 4 WMB Applications deployed at the same time?

What are the settings on "Record detection"?

When the test is made, are the 3 files being put at the same time?
Prasi
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Yes all WMB applications are deployed at the same time. The record detection is delimited. Yes, all 3 files are put at the same time.
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I hope you mean four instances of the same flow?

To have four different "applications" reading the same directory would seem a bad idea.

Always debug things in a simple case first. One flow (one instance), one file at a time.

Get that working first. Then send several files.
Prasi
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Yes, with one application and with four files at a time works fine. The problem is with 3 or 4 applications.
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Again - do you mean four instances of the same "application" (we call them message flows)?

Why on earth would you want four different applications picking files from the same directory?
smdavies99
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Quote:

Why on earth would you want four different applications picking files from the same directory?

This is not that strange to me. They could all be looking for different filename patterns.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I realise that - but it can lead to confusion and the implication of these posts is that the files are of the same sort.

Either way - keeping it simple (and separate) is the best way in my view.

Otherwise a change of a file mask for one app - might suddenly result in a conflict with another one (that the developer was unaware of).
Prasi
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

4 applications means 4 version of the same message flow where the FileInput is pointing to the same input directory. Based on logic, the file will be routed to different output queues whichever is available.
Esa
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Prasi wrote:
4 applications means 4 version of the same message flow where the FileInput is pointing to the same input directory. Based on logic, the file will be routed to different output queues whichever is available.

You are probably using wrong terminology. Do you mean that you have deployed the same flow on 4 execution groups?

Or have you configured one flow to use 3 additional instances?
Prasi
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I am sorry for not being clear. I just meant to say that except for the output routing rest all logic remains the same. All four applications/message flows are deployed to the same EG and listening to the same input directory.
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Do all the flows specify the same file mask on the same directory?

If so, why would the logic be different for each one?

Seems to me that you should put all this into one flow - if you find yourself coding flows where most of the logic is the same - then you should combine it into one flow (with subflows for the parts that need to be different).

You might only need one instance of the flow - if the routing logic is internal to that flow and everything becomes a lot simpler then.

As always - look for simple, single threaded solutions before starting off on a complex (usually unnecessarily so) design that then has quirky behaviour (leading you to this problem for example).

Last edited by zpat on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:52 am; edited 3 times in total
Esa
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Prasi wrote:
All four applications/message flows are deployed to the same EG and listening to the same input directory.

Prasi wrote:
4 applications means 4 version of the same message flow where the FileInput is pointing to the same input directory.

So you have renamed the flow to be able to deploy it four times on the same execution group?
Why didn't you just allow one flow to start additional instances?

Check mqsitransit directory under the input directory. Are there any files?

Have you configured any exception handling in the flow(s)? Are catch or failure terminals connected?
Prasi
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I dont have any files in the mqsitransit directory. I do have connected the failure terminals. But I am not getting errors in the event viewer too..
Esa
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

So all files end up in the correct output queues but sometimes they don't have all the records?

Prasi wrote:
Based on logic, the file will be routed to different output queues whichever is available.

Then there is something wrong with that logic, too. Is it ESQL, are you using SHARED variables?

Have you run user trace?

Putting a trace node with ${Root} after the File Input should tell if all records are read.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » FileInput Node-Records not reading correctly each time
Jump to: