ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » call a sub flow using compute

call a sub flow using compute « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rkailasam2
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: call a sub flow using compute Reply with quote

Novice

How to call a sub flow using compute / Java Compute Node
Esa
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: call a sub flow using compute Reply with quote

Grand Master

rkailasam2 wrote:

By propagating to a terminal that is wired to the subflow. See ESQL PROPAGATE statement in InfoCenter. There is a java alternative, too.
mqsiuser
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: call a sub flow using compute Reply with quote

Yatiri

rkailasam2 wrote:

You drag&drop the subflow onto the design-pane and then you wire e.g. the output-terminal of the ESQL/Java-Node to the IN-Terminal of the subflow.

Or as Esa suggests you do other things, like propagate to and(/or just) wire other Terminals and then you use that Terminal as the input for the sub-flow. Or you use labels.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: call a sub flow using compute Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

mqsiuser wrote:
rkailasam2 wrote:

You drag&drop the subflow onto the design-pane and then you wire e.g. the output-terminal of the ESQL/Java-Node to the IN-Terminal of the subflow.

Or as Esa suggests you do other things, like propagate to and(/or just) wire other Terminals and then you use that Terminal as the input for the sub-flow. Or you use labels.

He/she would have known this if he/she went to class...

http://www-304.ibm.com/jct03001c/services/learning/ites.wss/us/en?pageType=course_description&courseCode=WM663

Last edited by lancelotlinc on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
mqsiuser
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: call a sub flow using compute Reply with quote

Yatiri

lancelotlinc wrote:
She would have known this if she went to class...

http://www-304.ibm.com/jct03001c/services/learning/ites.wss/us/en?pageType=course_description&courseCode=WM663

Somewhere you need to get your knowledge from... the forum here is a good source, but that won't be enought. Get some experienced guy next to you, that is the best approach or at least go to a training. Though I do not understand why everyone points that much at trainings in this forum. The training will depend a lot on the trainer. Also the courses are 3 to 5 days and just a (kick-)start. Conduct some projects and make sure the projects grow with you.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: call a sub flow using compute Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

mqsiuser wrote:
lancelotlinc wrote:
She would have known this if she went to class...

Somewhere you need to get your knowledge from... the forum here is a good source, but that won't be enought. Get some experienced guy next to you, that is the best approach or at least go to a training. Though I do not understand why everyone points that much at trainings in this forum. The training will depend a lot on the trainer. Also the courses are 3 to 5 days and just a (kick-)start. Conduct some projects and make sure the projects grow with you.

The question asked was very basic knowledge. It points out the lack of even the most basic effort by the original poster. It's as if someone is asking for a hand-out.

The problem with using other people's money, is eventually you run out. The original poster should think about how to earn his/her own living and not steal from others.
mqsiuser
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: call a sub flow using compute Reply with quote

Yatiri

Get anything you can: Attend a couple of trainings, get in some experienced consultants and make sure that your projects grow with the knowledge of your team.
Esa
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: call a sub flow using compute Reply with quote

Grand Master

lancelotlinc wrote:
The question asked was very basic knowledge.

It should be. But I think there may be even experienced MB developers who don't realize that when a message is propagated, the current node in fact calls the next node. Because that's not what you get teached if you take a class. You are shown the famous exception handling diagram that has been around since the first MQ Integrator V2 courses. And it gives you the impression that exception handling within a flow is controlled by an invisible higher hand that places the message in different places according to a list of rules that you just have memorize.

Unless V7 course materials have been rewritten. I must admit that I haven't seen them.

lancelotlinc wrote:
The problem with using other people's money, is eventually you run out. The original poster should think about how to earn his/her own living and not steal from others.

Yes, and there's also a high risk that you will be made fun of.
mqsiuser
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: call a sub flow using compute Reply with quote

Yatiri

Esa wrote:
But I think there may be even experienced MB developers who don't realize that when a message is propagated, the current node in fact calls the next node.

That's interessting and it makes sense. They should tell you that somewhere. It adds to the call-stack... the call-stack is limited especially when you are wiring loops (e.g with an MQ-GetNode) ... that explains a couple of things.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: call a sub flow using compute Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

mqsiuser wrote:
the call-stack is limited especially when you are wiring loops (e.g with an MQ-GetNode) ... that explains a couple of things.

...er, if you are wiring loops, you should attend the class to find out why this is a bad idea....
Esa
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: call a sub flow using compute Reply with quote

Grand Master

lancelotlinc wrote:
mqsiuser wrote:
the call-stack is limited especially when you are wiring loops (e.g with an MQ-GetNode) ... that explains a couple of things.

...er, if you are wiring loops, you should attend the class to find out why this is a bad idea....

Sir Lancelot, I must ask this: did you attend the class?

This is just one example of you recently telling people about things they would have learned in the class but which in fact are not discussed at all or just briefly mentioned in the course materials.

If you learned all those things, it was probably because you or some of you fellow students were asking a lot of questions, or because of the instructors personal experience and commitment. You were lucky.

I dare say this having run tens of Message Broker courses between 2002 - 2009, some of them very badly but some hopefully a little better during the last years.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

The class lays a foundation for people to start off on a right foot. An average programmer who attended the class would not try to tie an output terminal back to an input node in a loop.

Yes, I've been to WMB, WPS, SOA, and other IBM classes. Thats why I recommend them. They sort out the false precepts so that people can start on good foundations. Last time I checked, instructors follow a lesson plan, which includes illustrating how the toolkit works, with the samples.

Although I have not seen every sample, I do not recall one that loops back.
mqsiuser
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

lancelotlinc wrote:
The class lays a foundation for people to start off on a right foot. An average programmer who attended the class would not try to tie an output terminal back to an input node in a loop.

Yes, I've been to WMB, WPS, SOA, and other IBM classes. Thats why I recommend them. They sort out the false precepts so that people can start on good foundations. Last time I checked, instructors follow a lesson plan, which includes illustrating how the toolkit works, with the samples.

Although I have not seen every sample, I do not recall one that loops back.

Did you work with the MQGet Node ? How do you repetitivly get msgs without a loop ?

You are working with broker 7 and did not with 6 !

Sometimes there are tradeoffs.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

I have not seen your design, so I cannot recommend changes. MQInput node repetitively reads messages. You need to think of WMB as a high-speed messaging engine and not a WAS server instance. Don't write WMB flows as if they were Message Driven Beans.
Esa
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

lancelotlinc wrote:
I have not seen your design, so I cannot recommend changes. MQInput node repetitively reads messages. You need to think of WMB as a high-speed messaging engine and not a WAS server instance. Don't write WMB flows as if they were Message Driven Beans.

You,me and mqsiuser all know that there is a safe way to loop with MQGet node. You do i t by keeping the call-stack low: calling the MQGet node repeatedly within a loop instead if making it call itself recursively. What is your point?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » call a sub flow using compute
Jump to: