ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » wbi adapter and sap's restart sequece when update interfec

wbi adapter and sap's restart sequece when update interfec « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
topyp
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: wbi adapter and sap's restart sequece when update interfec Reply with quote

We added a field to a rfc interface that sap is sender and tested successfully.I copied xsd file from dev to prd env and restarted adapter,then sap updated its bapi on prd.
When sap sent data ,adapter can't receive data.I checked log and found a error "Field CURRENCY not a member of ZFIPR_RFC"(ZFIPR_RFC is table in sap).Finally,We restarted adapter, then sent data successfully.
When updating a interface ,restarting adapter must be after sap updated?
Thanks!
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: wbi adapter and sap's restart sequece when update interf Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

topyp wrote:
We added a field to a rfc interface that sap is sender and tested successfully.I copied xsd file from dev to prd env and restarted adapter,then sap updated its bapi on prd.
When sap sent data ,adapter can't receive data.I checked log and found a error "Field CURRENCY not a member of ZFIPR_RFC"(ZFIPR_RFC is table in sap).Finally,We restarted adapter, then sent data successfully.
Thanks!

Yes you will need to restart the adapter after SAP changed it's interface.
The adapter is based on the JCO technology, AFAIK, and the JCO caches the interfaces the first time it encounters them for later use.

Have fun
topyp
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: wbi adapter and sap's restart sequece when update interf Reply with quote

fjb_saper wrote:
topyp wrote:
Thanks!

Yes you will need to restart the adapter after SAP changed it's interface.
The adapter is based on the JCO technology, AFAIK, and the JCO caches the interfaces the first time it encounters them for later use.

Have fun

Thanks for you help!
"the first time" means sap sends data after adapter restarted, or when adapter is restarting ,adapter will load interface structure from sap?The former,sap didn't send data through old rfc;If it is the latter,why won't adapter compare information loaded from sap with local xsd files?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: wbi adapter and sap's restart sequece when update interf Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

topyp wrote:

Thanks for you help!
"the first time" means sap sends data after adapter restarted, or when adapter is restarting ,adapter will load interface structure from sap?The former,sap didn't send data through old rfc;If it is the latter,why won't adapter compare information loaded from sap with local xsd files?

First time, means the first time the IDoc/BAPI is presented to the adapter, or requested by the adapter for building the data.

Because the local xsd files may come from anywhere including a different SAP system (SID). This way the JCO discovers the exact interface presented by SAP by downloading it from the SAP system, just as you do while in design mode. I believe JCO allows you to refresh that information programmatically but I don't know if the adapter has any way of taking advantage of this feature... You're probably just as fast restarting the eg or the flow.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » wbi adapter and sap's restart sequece when update interfec
Jump to: