ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » AMQ6150: WebSphere MQ semaphore is busy

AMQ6150: WebSphere MQ semaphore is busy « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
tychak
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: AMQ6150: WebSphere MQ semaphore is busy Reply with quote

Novice

I've got Java program throwing exception for connecting to the queue manager for about half an hour:

getClinetConnection() -> MQJE001: An MQException occurred: Completion Code2, Reason 2195
MQJE018: Protocol error - unexpected segment type received

I check log files in /var/mqm/errors, I saw the following from the log files within the half hour:

AMQ6150 WebSphere MQ semsphore is busy
AMQ6184 An internal WebSPhere MQ error has occurred on queue manager xxxxx failing process is proces xxxxx "amqrmppa"

I suspect it's caused by the semaphore busy problem and I checked the forum and IBM website and the following maybe a solution:

Set enviornment variables:

export AIXTHREAD_SCOPE=S
export AIXTHREAD_MNRATIO=1:1
export SPINLOOPTIME=500

However, how I can regenerate the problem again so that I can ensure the problem is fixed by the solution? I cannot regenerate the problem by generating large load to the system. Is it possible to tune other system parameters so that the semaphore busy problem can be encountered easily?

System configuration:
AIX 5.2 ML4
MQ 5.3 CSD7
tillywern
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: IPC element troubles. Reply with quote

Centurion

Shared memory, Semaphore, adn Queeu management is an OS level issue and many times programs using these features can be corrupted over time. MQSeries was notorious in the past for not freeign up IPC elements while runnign ore even when shutting down. Many, if not all, MQ adminitrators have scripts to go out and look for IPC element usage. ESPECIALLY when all queue managers on a system are brought down.

In your case if it is not easily recreatable then the issue is probably transiant and it is more important that you are able to detect and implement a method to fix it when it happens.

Your research seems through enought but I am skeptical that the changes you made will forever solve all IPC related on the system.

You should probably monitor how often this occurs and then assign an appropriate impact.

Hope this is of some help. Make sure to have your IPC cleanup script handy when bringing MQ allthough. It may be helpful to profile yoru IPC element usage over time by running 'ipcs |grep mqm' in a loop in ksh or something equivelant. Dump the date an time as well. Then you can run the script and look at how MQ is using IPC resources over time.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

Is this app connecting in client mode or bindings mode?
tychak
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

The application is connecting in client mode.
senthilkumarc
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: AMQ6150: WebSphere MQ semaphore is busy Reply with quote

Hai,
I am running MQ 5.3 in Linux on zSeries. I am also getting the same error as with tychak - AMQ6150: WebSphere MQ semaphore is busy. But I am not able to get fix from the forum. Anyone who knows the fix please help me.

Platform :

MQ 5.3 CSD 8
Linux : RHEL 3 on zSeries machine.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » AMQ6150: WebSphere MQ semaphore is busy
Jump to: