ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQ2035 during mqsideploy

MQ2035 during mqsideploy « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Ross
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject: MQ2035 during mqsideploy Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi.

I have a strange situation.
MQ V7.0.1
Broker V6.1
AIX V6.1
Not the newest stack!! Upgrades coming soon.

We have a broker service user, s5sv1. It is a member of the mqm group, as well as a member of the mqbrkrs group. mqbrkrs being the primary group.

When I sudo su - s5sv1, then I can runmqsc to the qmgr, and face no issues.
However, when I issue the mqsideploy command, I get a 2035 reporting that I can't connect to the qmgr.
I have other brokers running under different IDs, and the deployments work OK there (for now!). The userIDs and profiles are configured the same.
Any thoughts? Please!!

$ mqsideploy -i server1 -p 1414 -q WMBS5SH1 -b WMBS5SH1 -e EG1 -a WMB.bar -w 300
BIP1044I: Connecting to the Configuration Manager's queue manager...
BIP1046E: Unable to connect with the Configuration Manager (User s5sv1 is not authorized to connect to queue manager 'WMBS5SH1' (MQ reason code 2035 while trying to connect)).

The utility encountered a problem while attempting to connect to the Configuration Manager's queue manager to put a message to its request queue.

Ensure that the correct connection parameters have been supplied to the utility. Also ensure that the Configuration Manager's queue manager is running and that the current user is able to put messages to its SYSTEM.BROKER.CONFIG.QUEUE. If this error text includes an MQ reason code, look up the meaning behind the error in the Application Programming Reference guide and proceed as appropriate.
Ross
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Java Trace....

2022-11-04 00:34:37.0832 main........... w: MQSender could not connect to the MQ Queue Manager; the Configuration Manager Proxy caught MQException reason
code 2035
2022-11-04 00:34:37.0832 main........... com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.MQConnectionHelper.connectToMQ() threw an exception: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Re
ason '2035'.. Stack trace follows.
com.ibm.mq.MQException: MQJE001: Completion Code '2', Reason '2035'.
at com.ibm.mq.MQManagedConnectionJ11.<init>(MQManagedConnectionJ11.java:245)
at com.ibm.mq.MQClientManagedConnectionFactoryJ11._createManagedConnection(MQClientManagedConnectionFactoryJ11.java:487)
at com.ibm.mq.MQClientManagedConnectionFactoryJ11.createManagedConnection(MQClientManagedConnectionFactoryJ11.java:529)
at com.ibm.mq.StoredManagedConnection.<init>(StoredManagedConnection.java:96)
at com.ibm.mq.MQSimpleConnectionManager.allocateConnection(MQSimpleConnectionManager.java:208)
at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.obtainBaseMQQueueManager(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:882)
at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.procure(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:772)
at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.constructQueueManager(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:723)
at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManagerFactory.createQueueManager(MQQueueManagerFactory.java:173)
at com.ibm.mq.MQQueueManager.<init>(MQQueueManager.java:696)
at com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.MQConnectionHelper.connectToMQ(MQConnectionHelper.java:553)
at com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.MQSender.send(MQSender.java:308)
at com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.SendManager.send(SendManager.java:163)
at com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.AdministeredObjectPool.registerWithConfigManager(AdministeredObjectPool.java:1780)
at com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.AdministeredObjectPool.registerAdministeredObject(AdministeredObjectPool.java:1583)
at com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.ConfigManagerProxy.<init>(ConfigManagerProxy.java:229)
at com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.ConfigManagerProxy.getInstance(ConfigManagerProxy.java:296)
at com.ibm.broker.config.util.ParameterList.connectToCM(ParameterList.java:344)
at com.ibm.broker.config.util.Deploy.main(Deploy.java:453)

2022-11-04 00:34:37.0842 main........... com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.MQSender.send() threw an exception: User s5sv1 is not authorized to connect to queue
manager 'WMBS5SH1' (MQ reason code 2035 while trying to connect). Stack trace follows.
com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.ConfigManagerProxyLoggedMQException: User s5sv1 is not authorized to connect to queue manager 'WMBS5SH1' (MQ reason code 2035 while tryin
g to connect)
at com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.MQConnectionHelper.connectToMQ(MQConnectionHelper.java:582)
at com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.MQSender.send(MQSender.java:308)
at com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.SendManager.send(SendManager.java:163)
at com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.AdministeredObjectPool.registerWithConfigManager(AdministeredObjectPool.java:1780)
at com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.AdministeredObjectPool.registerAdministeredObject(AdministeredObjectPool.java:1583)
at com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.ConfigManagerProxy.<init>(ConfigManagerProxy.java:229)
at com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.ConfigManagerProxy.getInstance(ConfigManagerProxy.java:296)
at com.ibm.broker.config.util.ParameterList.connectToCM(ParameterList.java:344)
at com.ibm.broker.config.util.Deploy.main(Deploy.java:453)

This wraps the MQException that should be described previously.
Ross
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Found the issue.
Connecting to MQ is done locally as Server Bindings, or across a channel as Client Bindings.
Even though the mqsideploy can be run locally, it is still connecting over a SVRCONN channel - SYSTEM.BKR.CONFIG.
The MCAUSER had been changed to uppercase at some point.
Altering this back to lowercase resolves the issue.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQ2035 during mqsideploy
Jump to: