ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Broker timeout when getting large file from AWS S3

Broker timeout when getting large file from AWS S3 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
petervh1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:11 am    Post subject: Broker timeout when getting large file from AWS S3 Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi

IIB 10.0.0.14

I am trying to GET a large file from AWS S3 using a simple flow:

HTTPInput -> Compute -> HTTPRequest -> FileOutput

HTTPInput triggers the flow.
Compute node calculates the HTTP Authorization header for AWS and sets up the environment
HTTPRequest contacts the AWS S3 server (Request timeout on Basic tab set to 6000 secs)

From the trace I can see that the HTTPRequest node is receiving a reply through the Out terminal

Code:
2022-02-16 15:54:02.558727    31288   UserTrace   BIP4007I: Message propagated to 'out' terminal of node 'ReadS3.HTTP Request'.
2022-02-16 15:54:02.559255    31288   UserTrace   BIP6061I: Node 'ReadS3.InitialiseWebService' used parser type ''BLOB'' to process a portion of the incoming message of length
'285082831' bytes beginning at offset '535'. The parser type was selected based on value ''NONE'' from the previous parser.

The problem is that after roughly 180 seconds the flow fails with the following message:

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <SOAP-ENV:Body>
    <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
      <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
      <faultstring>A timeout occurred during processing</faultstring>
      <faultactor>/xxxxxx/iib/triggerS3GET</faultactor>
      <detail><text>Timeout. Broker BROKER2 did not provide a response within the specified time interval (180 seconds)</text></detail>
    </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
  </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

I can't find where the "specified time interval" of 180 seconds is set.

Thanks
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...It could be the timeout configured at HttpInput node's 'Maximum client wait time (sec)' coming into play -default value is 180 secs, you can confirm this by running the flow user trace

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/app-connect/11.0.0?topic=nodes-httpinput-node
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Look at memory usage of the IS. Is it significantly increasing over time? Is there any swapping going on?
petervh1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks I changed the HttpInput node's 'Maximum client wait time (sec)'.

The file is now being transferred successfully.

At the risk of breaking forum rules by introducing a new problem associated with the same flow, I am now seeing the following in the trace:

Code:
2022-02-17 09:08:23.593282    31108   RecoverableException  BIP2230E: Error detected whilst processing a message in node 'ReadS3.HTTP Reply'.
                                       The integration node detected an error whilst processing a message in node 'ReadS3.HTTP Reply'. An exception has been thrown to cut short
 the processing of the message.
                                       See the following messages for details of the error.
2022-02-17 09:08:23.593286    31108   MessageException  BIP2667E: An error occurred in ''MQ'' when writing message to queue ''SYSTEM.BROKER.WS.REPLY'' on queue manager ''QMBROK
ER2''. State = '-1' ''MQW102'' '2031' ''''
                                       An error occurred when attempting to write a message to a queue. The reason code from the MQPUT is displayed as the 3rd (native error) st
ate.

My question is - why is a "too-large" message being written to SYSTEM.BROKER.WS.REPLY (RC 2031 in the test above), and can I prevent this from happening?
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

petervh1 wrote:

My question is - why is a "too-large" message being written to SYSTEM.BROKER.WS.REPLY (RC 2031 in the test above), and can I prevent this from happening?

hi...looks like the flow is sending the large S3 data back to the original caller as Http reply via node 'ReadS3.HTTP Reply'. Guess your intention is to retrieve the S3 data and save it somewhere as a file and not to forward it in the http reply?...If so after saving the data using FileOutput node the output msg going to 'ReadS3.HTTP Reply' node need to be reset to something small or just 200 empty msg.
petervh1
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks for the reply.

Problem sorted by setting a 200 before the HTTPReply node.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Broker timeout when getting large file from AWS S3
Jump to: