ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Monitoring event filters (IIB10)

Monitoring event filters (IIB10) « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vladd
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:57 am    Post subject: Monitoring event filters (IIB10) Reply with quote

I need to capture some events using monitoring feature when a certain Boolean $Environment variable is TRUE. But I can't get it to work.
Until now I've tried the following to add in Filter XPath field:

Code:
$Environment/Variables/DebugLogging=true()

DebugLogging = FALSE => LOG YES
DebugLogging = TRUE => LOG YES

Code:
$Environment/Variables[DebugLogging=true()]

DebugLogging = FALSE => LOG NO
DebugLogging = TRUE => LOG NO

Code:
$Environment/Variables/DebugLogging

Code:
$Environment/Variables/DebugLogging=TRUE

Code:
$Environment/Variables/DebugLogging!=false()

DebugLogging = FALSE => LOG YES
DebugLogging = TRUE => LOG YES

Code:
$Environment/Variables/DebugLogging=1

What am I doing wrong?
timber
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

See https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac60391_.html

The language accepted by this field is XPath, so there is no point in trying any expression that is not a valid XPath.

Are you sure that you are allowed to reference the Environment tree from this field? Have you tried referencing something in $Body to check that the filter mechanism is working?
vladd
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timber wrote:
See

The language accepted by this field is XPath, so there is no point in trying any expression that is not a valid XPath.

Are you sure that you are allowed to reference the Environment tree from this field? Have you tried referencing something in $Body to check that the filter mechanism is working?

My first example is XPath 1.0 accepted (also simulated here freeformatter. com/xpath-tester.html#ad-output)
But your url helped a lot. It worked like this:
Code:
$Environment/Variables/DebugLogging='true'

Against all my believes and instincts but it works

timber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
your url helped a lot
It's not mine. It is the IBM documentation for your task, so the first place that you should have looked!

I assume that your message flow is setting the Environment field to the string value 'true'. That explains why your XPaths did not work - they were testing for a Boolean result.
vladd
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timber wrote:
Quote:
your url helped a lot
It's not mine. It is the IBM documentation for your task, so the first place that you should have looked!

I assume that your message flow is setting the Environment field to the string value 'true'. That explains why your XPaths did not work - they were testing for a Boolean result.

No, actually it is SET as Boolean ( the value comes from an external Boolean variable), this is why is strange for me to evaluate it against 'true'.
timber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
No, actually it is SET as Boolean
Can you verify that using the output of a Trace node?
vladd
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

2021-03-31 00:18:16.964778    83920   UserTrace   BIP2537I: Node 'monitoring_test.Compute': Executing statement   ''SET Environment.Variables.DebugLogging = DebugLogging;'' at ('.monitoring_test_Compute.Main', '5.3').
2021-03-31 00:18:16.964792    83920   UserTrace   BIP2539I: Node '{5}': Evaluating expression '{4}' at ('DebugLogging', 'FALSE'). This resolved to ''DebugLogging''. The result was ''.
2021-03-31 00:18:16.964804    83920   UserTrace   BIP2566I: Node 'monitoring_test.Compute': Assigning value       ''FALSE'' to field / variable ''Environment.Variables.DebugLogging''.

from debug i can see the variable is set as Boolean:
Code:

Environment
   Variables
         DebugLogging:BOOLEAN:false

and the actual xPath evaluations are:

Code:
2021-03-31 00:18:16.965078    83920   UserTrace   BIP4074I: The event filter on the event emitted by event source ''Log1.terminal.in'' in flow ''monitoring_test'' has been evaluated and returned 'TRUE'. The query text was ''$Environment/Variables/DebugLogging = true()''.
                                       The event filter, which controls whether an event is emitted, has been evaluated for event source ''Log1.terminal.in'' in flow ''monitoring_test''. 
                                       The result of the evaluation was 'TRUE'. 
                                       The query text evaluated was ''$Environment/Variables/DebugLogging = true()''.

and (the one that actually works):
Code:
2021-03-31 00:18:16.965258    83920   UserTrace   BIP4074I: The event filter on the event emitted by event source ''Log2.terminal.in'' in flow ''monitoring_test'' has been evaluated and returned 'FALSE'. The query text was ''$Environment/Variables/DebugLogging = 'true'''.
                                       The event filter, which controls whether an event is emitted, has been evaluated for event source ''Log2.terminal.in'' in flow ''monitoring_test''. 
                                       The result of the evaluation was 'FALSE'. 
                                       The query text evaluated was ''$Environment/Variables/DebugLogging = 'true'''.
[/code]
timber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Thanks Vladd - that looks very much like a product defect to me. I think your first XPath should work.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Monitoring event filters (IIB10)
Jump to: