ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » ibm mq clustersetup in kubernetes

ibm mq clustersetup in kubernetes « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
krbattu1
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:05 am    Post subject: ibm mq clustersetup in kubernetes Reply with quote

I am doing a POC on MQ containerization and kubernetes, we have MQ cluster setup in our environment, I have following questions.
1. how conname can be mentioned on channel for qm running on a pod ?
or how service can be assigned to a conname of the channel?
2. should I consider to keep Full repositories s in static POD or seperate VMs ?
3. how mq cluster work in kubernetes ?
any yaml files pod/service that I can understand the setup ?
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

For MQ clusters, all participating qmgrs must have a unique CONNAME in their cluster receiver channel that is resolvable by all other qmgrs in the MQ cluster, and a bi-directional TCP network path must exist between every combination of qmgr. Can this requirement be met in kubernetes? (Sorry, I haven't tried it)
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

gbaddeley wrote:
For MQ clusters, all participating qmgrs must have a unique CONNAME in their cluster receiver channel that is resolvable by all other qmgrs in the MQ cluster, and a bi-directional TCP network path must exist between every combination of qmgr. Can this requirement be met in kubernetes? (Sorry, I haven't tried it)

Yes...

...the Containers and Kubernetes Essentials course (free) is worth doing for an appreciation of networking etc. within Kubernetes.
LearnMQadv
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am a beginner to work on MQ and containers. Just wondering how are you implementing the cluster/multi-instance qmgr in containers. As we have a
very simple setup in standalone VM's and done at age-old times with simple nfs share.

Current cluster + mulit-instance setup:
vm1 - qm1 - active
vm1 - qmrepo1 - active

vm2 - qm1 - standby
vm2 - qmrepo2 - active

Where qm1 is the queue manager which does actual work and has all the mq objects defined.

qmrepo1 and qmrepo2 are defined as full repository qmgrs.

Please suggest to me what is the best approach to do this in containers(docker + k8s).
FYI, I was able to spin up a single container with mq objects defined successfully and deployed to K8s.
exerk
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

LearnMQadv wrote:
...Please suggest to me what is the best approach to do this in containers(docker + k8s)...

Have a look at kubernetes persistent volumes.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » ibm mq clustersetup in kubernetes
Jump to: