ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » orch

orch « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mr524
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:57 am    Post subject: orch Reply with quote

constructQueryStringToChnRequestHeader

Last edited by mr524 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
timber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

What exactly do you mean by 'dynamic orchestration'. Please explain with examples, and state the technical objectives of this approach.

You may need to take time over your answer - otherwise you will just get a long list of questions from everybody.
mr524
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aa

Last edited by mr524 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Seems to me that each of your steps is really an API Call.
So I have no idea if any of the steps can be handled in parallel of if they all need to be done one after the other.

Each step seems to have specific instructions as how to access the API needed in the component instruction...
So all you need is to read each step and execute dynamically the component instruction (http call or MQ request / reply) and fill in the corresponding results...
timber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Thanks - I understand what you are trying to do now.
Quote:
Is it best practice to build these kind of requirement in IIB ?
I have seen this type of 'message processing pipeline' before. It is probably flexible enough for all of your current technical requirements...
Quote:
what is the best way to build/call a procedure (which can build target message) dynamically at runtime ?
If you want to dynamically call an esql subroutine then I can only think of two options:
1. Write a big CASE statement
2. Use the EVAL statement (yuck!)
I would choose 1. because it does not use EVAL.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Dynamic Orchestration Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mr524 wrote:
1. Is it best practice to build these kind of requirement in IIB ?

I think it would be easier to use some kind of workflow software (BPM or equivalent) that has in-built capabilities to store state and decision results.

mr524 wrote:
2.what is the best way to build/call a procedure (which can build target message) dynamically at runtime ?

I agree with my worthy associate. Rather than CALLing a procedure (which not only doesn't work as you've discovered, it means a code change every time something new is added), I'd split each step into one or more individual flows that are triggered by a master flow via HTTP or MQ, where either the queue name or the URL can easily be provided dynamically. The result would then be returned to the master, coordinating flow where the process would continue.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Hi mr524,
Your idea of "dynamic orchestration" is not a new IT concept, even in WMB / IIB / ACE. We have been using this type of processing for 15+ years. For incoming eventtypes, we transform the data payload into an internal common format, and match against "routing rules" (stored in a DB), that put a message to one or more MQ queues for the "steps". These messages are processed by other flows that perform the construction / instruction / response handling for each. The backend API details and data format indicators can be stored in a DB, so that its not hard coded in the flows.
Be wary of building a completely general purpose processing system, as the cost / complexity of a such a system could be greater than a more customised and business goal-oriented approach.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » orch
Jump to: