ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity
 
  MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups
 
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages
 
RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexWebSphere Message Broker SupportMessages not processing

Post new topicReply to topic
Messages not processing View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
vmanel
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:26 am Post subject: Messages not processing Reply with quote

Apprentice

Joined: 12 Mar 2019
Posts: 31

Hi,

We have a strange issue is production. We have an application which has MQ input node as input with browse only option, and the application hits web service, and the response is put in a output queue, after that the message is removed from the input queue using MQ Get node. All the MQ nodes in the flow are using MQ policy to connect to a standalone QM, where the queues are present.

The application was working fine till yesterday, but suddenly we are observing a strange issue, wherein the messages get stuck in the queue and it processes only when new messages arrive.

It is not that the messages are taking long time to process, because when we checked Activity logs we see that the messages are processed in less than a minute and we do not see any errors in our logs. And we tried to process these messages in lower environments, there it is getting processed without any issue.

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:05 am Post subject: Re: Messages not processing Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Joined: 11 Nov 2005
Posts: 25815
Location: Ohio, USA

vmanel wrote:
We have a strange issue is production.


Because you have a strange design.

vmanel wrote:
We have an application which has MQ input node as input with browse only option, and the application hits web service, and the response is put in a output queue, after that the message is removed from the input queue using MQ Get node.


Explain how this is better than simply doing a destructive read with the MQInput node and letting the broker roll it back if something goes wrong.

vmanel wrote:
The application was working fine till yesterday, but suddenly we are observing a strange issue, wherein the messages get stuck in the queue and it processes only when new messages arrive.


So the messages are browsed off, processed and not removed or not browsed off?. I assume the former because:

vmanel wrote:
It is not that the messages are taking long time to process, because when we checked Activity logs we see that the messages are processed in less than a minute and we do not see any errors in our logs.


from which I infer the messages are getting processed.

In your postition I'd one of the following and investigate accordingly:

- something changed on the sender side and your flow is now not removing the messages
- the queue manager has used so many browse cursors it's got confused and needs bouncing
- whoever signed off on this design is now laughing at the success of a practical joke

But I wouldn't be in your position because I dislike browsing messages for non-administrative purposes and would have used rollback as I outlined above.
_________________
Honesty is the best policy.
Insanity is the best defence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vmanel
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:35 am Post subject: Re: Messages not processing Reply with quote

Apprentice

Joined: 12 Mar 2019
Posts: 31

Vitor wrote:

Explain how this is better than simply doing a destructive read with the MQInput node and letting the broker roll it back if something goes wrong.


We have logic to retry the processing of same message for certain failures like webservice 502 etc, after a certain interval, hence this design is used.

Vitor wrote:

So the messages are browsed off, processed and not removed or not browsed off?. I assume the former because:

From past two days what we observed is as soon as the new message comes, only then old message gets processed, say for example currently we have 10 messages which are not processing and stuck, but after sometime when a new message arrives count will still be 10, because first message would have processed by then.

Is it something to do with Reset browse timeout interval? because it is set as -1 for MQ input node. We have two other applications with similar design, but the only difference is Reset browse timeout interval is set to 1. But if this is the case not sure why suddenly from past two days the issue is occuring and not before that.

Apart from that we have one more input queue in the same flow with same parameters which is not having any issue till now and one more HTTP Input. Also, we have 1 additional instance for this flow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:
Post new topicReply to topic Page 1 of 1

MQSeries.net Forum IndexWebSphere Message Broker SupportMessages not processing
Jump to:



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP


Theme by Dustin Baccetti
Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Copyright MQSeries.net. All rights reserved.