ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Creating new message with data from Oracle XE

Creating new message with data from Oracle XE « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dinothedinamite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:15 am    Post subject: Creating new message with data from Oracle XE Reply with quote

Hello, I'm learning about MQ and IIB in my new job and I've created an app that creates new message with data from Oracle XE db. Now I've tried the same app with DB2 db and it works fine. But when using Oracle XE as an example, one row of output message looks like this:

D\x00I\x00N\x00O

My ESQL code looks like this:
Code:

CREATE COMPUTE MODULE test_mf_Compute
   CREATE FUNCTION Main() RETURNS BOOLEAN
   BEGIN
      CALL CopyMessageHeaders();
      -- CALL CopyEntireMessage();
      DECLARE myVar CHARACTER;
      SET myVar = 'SELECT E.name, to_char(E.age) age, E.city, E.address FROM dkralj.employee E';
      SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.Test.Result[]=PASSTHRU(myVar);
      RETURN TRUE;
   END;

CREATE PROCEDURE CopyMessageHeaders() BEGIN
      DECLARE I INTEGER 1;
      DECLARE J INTEGER;
      SET J = CARDINALITY(InputRoot.*[]);
      WHILE I < J DO
         SET OutputRoot.*[I] = InputRoot.*[I];
         SET I = I + 1;
      END WHILE;
   END;

CREATE PROCEDURE CopyEntireMessage() BEGIN
      SET OutputRoot = InputRoot;
   END;
END MODULE;

Also I've noticed that when trying to either inserting or selecting integer data from database, IIB app throws errors and couldnt figure out why, so I started casting integers as characters.
Hopefully some of you might know why this is happening. Thanks
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Creating new message with data from Oracle XE Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

dinothedinamite wrote:

My ESQL code looks like this:

From a performance / best practice standpoint, avoid PASSTHRU if you can. Certainly save it for something more complicated than the simple SELECT that you're doing.

dinothedinamite wrote:
Also I've noticed that when trying to either inserting or selecting integer data from database, IIB app throws errors and couldnt figure out why, so I started casting integers as characters.
Hopefully some of you might know why this is happening

Well, if you gave a bit more information (like which of the several hundred errors IIB is capable of generating) we might be able to offer more assistance.

I would postulate that XML doesn't support anything other than character unless you've wedded it to an XSD.
dinothedinamite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From a performance / best practice standpoint, avoid PASSTHRU if you can. Certainly save it for something more complicated than the simple SELECT that you're doing.

When I ran select these are the results:

As you can see, there is space between each character and i dont know why.

You are right, I completely zoned out with this one and now that i did a simple select i saw that results are the same.

Lets forget the second issue that i've wrote but the error that i was getting wasnt iib error but oracle error.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

dinothedinamite wrote:

No I can't see because the corporate proxy I'm using doesn't allow images.

But I'll bet a small amount of money those are not spaces but the other byte of a double byte character set like UTF-16.

dinothedinamite wrote:
Lets forget the second issue that i've wrote but the error that i was getting wasnt iib error but oracle error.

And if you share the text of the Oracle error, we can tell which of the hundreds of possible Oracle errors it is and possibly assist.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Looking at the fact that the language is most probably serbo-croatian (see the address in the pic), I wonder if we're dealing here with a CCSID issue.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

fjb_saper wrote:
Looking at the fact that the language is most probably serbo-croatian (see the address in the pic), I wonder if we're dealing here with a CCSID issue.

Vitor wrote:

Quote:

I'll bet a small amount of money those are not spaces but the other byte of a double byte character set like UTF-16.

dinothedinamite
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if we are dealing with CCSID problem, how can I fix it? Someone got any ideas?
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

dinothedinamite wrote:
So if we are dealing with CCSID problem, how can I fix it? Someone got any ideas?

First, see what code page the Oracle database / tablespace is set to use and if it is, as is being postulated, a double byte or other non-Latin one. If so, make sure that the results are properly identified to IIB rather than allowing IIB to default to generic Latin.

Remember that internally, the message tree is always UTF-16 and there's nothing you can or would want to do about that. We're talking about the serializing and de-serializing of your results.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Creating new message with data from Oracle XE
Jump to: