ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Issue with MQTT implementation in IIB/ACE

Issue with MQTT implementation in IIB/ACE « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Muhammad Haider
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject: Issue with MQTT implementation in IIB/ACE Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi, I tried pub/ in IIB and ACE with different QoS levels but still I am not able to get messages published while the subscriber flow was down. Is there a restriction here in toolkit or at the MQTT server level which is being used by IIB /ACE.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Issue with MQTT implementation in IIB/ACE Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Muhammad Haider wrote:
Hi, I tried pub/ in IIB and ACE with different QoS levels but still I am not able to get messages published while the subscriber flow was down. Is there a restriction here in toolkit or at the MQTT server level which is being used by IIB /ACE.

So you have no durable subscription and only a dynamic subscription which is down? Why would you ever expect to see a publication when there is no receiver for it?
Muhammad Haider
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

How to make a durable subscription using pub/sub nodes that are available in toolkit and the default MQTT broker running. There is no property for retaining messages on topics on the pub/sub nodes. There is just QoS parameter that we can set and I checked setting it to values 0,1,2 on both pub and sub nodes but no difference. Whenever I stop my subscriber flow to simulate a scenario where a subscriber is offline and he wants to receive the messages when he comes online, i don't get any messages that were already published. I think the feature is missing here in IIB/ACE implementation.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...have you tried using 'MQPSC_RETAIN_PUB' option while publishing the message?

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/aq06980_.htm

The last copy of the message should get retained by using this option.
Muhammad Haider
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Nice idea but is it available for MQTT nodes too apart from MQ? Plus how we can retain more than 1 previous messages ?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Remember that IIB still comes with a restricted MQ license for the broker's queue manager. So use MQ and a durable subscription already...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Issue with MQTT implementation in IIB/ACE
Jump to: