ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Persisting AMQP Messages

Persisting AMQP Messages « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jaycollett
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Persisting AMQP Messages Reply with quote

I apologize for what may be a super simple question but a week of research and reading has left me without an answer. I'm using C# .NET and AMQPLiteNet to connect to an AMQP channel, I can send and receive messages on the specified topic just fine. My question is why can't I get MQ to save the messages posted to a topic when there are no subscribers listening for messages on the topic? All I want is the ability for MQ to save the messages posted by an AMQP client to a topic until a subscriber has "accepted" the message, but alas, I can't figure it out...

This is the .net code I'm using to send messages (which works fine) but if a client connects after the messages are sent, they never get them, even thoough no other client accepted the messages either...

Code:

static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            Address address = new Address("amqp://test:test@1.1.1.1:5674");
            Open openFrame = new Open();
            openFrame.ContainerId = "testAMQPClient";
            Connection connection = new Connection(address, null, openFrame, null);
            Session session = new Session(connection);

SenderLink sender = new SenderLink(session, "shared:persistTest", "test");
            for(int i = 100; i <= 200; i++){
                Console.WriteLine("Sending message " + i.ToString());
                Message message = new Message("Hello From C# " + i.ToString());
                message.Properties = new Amqp.Framing.Properties();
                message.Properties.To = "";
                message.Header = new Amqp.Framing.Header();
                message.Header.Durable = true;
                message.DeliveryAnnotations = new DeliveryAnnotations();

sender.Send(message);
                System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(2000);
            }
        }
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Persisting AMQP Messages Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

jaycollett wrote:
My question is why can't I get MQ to save the messages posted to a topic when there are no subscribers listening for messages on the topic?

Because as far as I know, AMQP doesn't support that concept. Messages can be durable, which means they're persisted to disc and will be stored until the subscriber acknowledges receipt but I don't believe they can be retained in the way an MQ publication (i.e. one using the native MQ C++ classes) can be.

Someone who knows more about AMQP than I do may be along in a minute to disagree with me and I will defer to them if they do.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Persisting AMQP Messages
Jump to: