ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Parser used by MQINPUT node

Parser used by MQINPUT node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
KIT_INC
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Parser used by MQINPUT node Reply with quote

Knight

I am runn IIB V10. My message flow process XML messages from external vendor with a RFH2 header.
The MQINPUT noide has parsing on demand and using XMLNSC parser. Once in a while a message will fail. After some analysis, we found out that the failing message has mcd/msd field = none in the RFH2 header. Because of this the BLOB parser is used instead of XMLNSC parser. Hence the failure.
If I use RFHUTIL to just blank out the msd field. It will work. I understand that the msd is telling the broker to use BLOB. But my MQINPUT node is tell the broker to use XMLNSC parser. Just wondering if there is any way to get around this ?
timber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

There is no way to stop the RFH2 header from overriding the input node properties - that's a feature, not a defect.

Ideally, you should not be receiving messages with-and-without RFH2 headers on the same queue. But you are, so you should set the input node parser to BLOB for all messages, and explicitly re-parse as XMLNSC using an RCD node.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

timber wrote:
There is no way to stop the RFH2 header from overriding the input node properties - that's a feature, not a defect.

It may help if you think of the parser setting on the MQInput node as a default. If the message doesn't contain any indication of how it should be parsed (in an RFH2 header) the node applies the default. If the message explicitly says "I'm a BLOB message" or "I'm an XML message" in it's RFH2 then the node assumes the message knows best and uses the parser indicated.

You should reach out to whoever's sending the message to fix the bug their side where they sometimes don't fill out the RFH2 correctly.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Parser used by MQINPUT node
Jump to: