ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Inhibited the transaction logs in the flow and uncommit msgs

Inhibited the transaction logs in the flow and uncommit msgs « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
JayQi
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject: Inhibited the transaction logs in the flow and uncommit msgs Reply with quote

Dear Gents,
i am facing some issues of the transaction logs and the umcommited msgs. the flow process a file and generate multiple output messages , as default, that is running in a transaction and the output msgs will be commited after all msgs generated, but from time to time, i notice, there is a some transcaton errors and caused failed to be put to the target q.
i know the reason is in a long transaction and all the output msgs needed to persisted till all msg completed, then commit.
may i know would it be possible to inhibit the transaction logs in the flow while designed or commit the output msg immediately while generated?
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

First, you don't have to make your entire message flow transactional - it can be changed on the input node to transaction = No.

Second, even if the flow is transactional, you can choose to put a message to queue outside the syncpoint by setting transaction = No on the MQOutput node.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...just to add to zpat's note, if you are making the msg flow fully or partially non-transnational you need to give some thought on error handling/replay.

For eg:- what happens when the file processing fails at 51st record out of 100 ones, will replaying the whole file (once the issue is fixed) and thus duplicating the first 50 records cause any issue at destination end?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Inhibited the transaction logs in the flow and uncommit msgs
Jump to: