ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Subflow cases main flow to restart after completion

Subflow cases main flow to restart after completion « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
KJCB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject: Subflow cases main flow to restart after completion Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi all,

I have a message flow with this structure:
- MQ Input with Input Message Parsing set to XMLNSC and Inmediate.
- Validate node checking domain and message model of the input message.
- Trace node.
- Call to a Subflow.
- Trace node.

In the subflow, a WS Call is performed followed by a JavaCompute node with some File operations.
I have checked that, when sending a message to this flow it is executed two times. Basically because with one message its generating two files (when only one should be generated). Also, when using the Flow Test option, I can see that when the flow reaches the last trace node it is restarted from the node prior to the subflow call.

Doing tests I have realized that:
- If I remove everything from the subflow, and let an Input - Trace - Output node inside issue is also happening.
- If I remove call to subflow from the main flow issue is not happening.

In the debugger, I can see that both flow executions have the same Thread ID.

Any idea on what could be happening? It's the first time I see this kind of issue. I'm not seeing any exception or anything similar.

Thanks in advance
timber
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Please quote the version and fix pack level of your IIB runtime. If you're on an older version then it might be significant.

This is inefficient...
Quote:
I have a message flow with this structure:
- MQ Input with Input Message Parsing set to XMLNSC and Inmediate.
- Validate node checking domain and message model of the input message
You could simply set the Validation property to 'Content and Value' on the input node and then remove the Validate node.
Quote:
I have checked that, when sending a message to this flow it is executed two times. Basically because with one message its generating two files (when only one should be generated).
That could be a bug in the Java...but
Quote:
Also, when using the Flow Test option, I can see that when the flow reaches the last trace node it is restarted from the node prior to the subflow call.
That does sound strange.

My next step would be to take a debug-level user trace (mqsichangetrace, mqsireadlog, mqsiformatlog). It might tell you interesting things about what your message flow is actually doing.
The IIB debugger is a useful tool, but don't rely on it to tell the truth always. User trace never lies.
KJCB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi Timber,

Thanks for your answer.

It was a Java issue: we dealt with files and some Input Streams were not closed properly. That's why flow was restarted I guess.

After the correction, flow started to work properly.

Thanks for your help.
Regards

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Subflow cases main flow to restart after completion
Jump to: