ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » DFDL Escape characters included in Element Data

DFDL Escape characters included in Element Data « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
iibwanted
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: DFDL Escape characters included in Element Data Reply with quote

Hi Experts,

i need to create a DFDL for a message which contains a delimiter in the scope of a record as the character inside the Element value.i tried to use escape character but came across the error :

Description Resource Path Location Type
CTDV1417E : DFDL property 'escapeCharacter' must be a valid single character or a DFDL entity that represents a single character, or an expression that returns one of those. DFDL defineEscapeScheme: SAMPLE_ES. DFDL_DELCONTENT.xsd /DFDL_DELCONTENT line 1 DFDL Validation Problem

My sample message looks like the below:

Code:

BI666,jim tilbert,3267,west greenavenue
GG545,tom macbecth,6th street,losco drive

A Record for the above example comprises of

id,name,address where address element data has the delimiter as the part of the data.Please help me in getting the data parsed
timber
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
CTDV1417E : DFDL property 'escapeCharacter' must be a valid single character or a DFDL entity that represents a single character, or an expression that returns one of those. DFDL defineEscapeScheme: SAMPLE_ES. DFDL_DELCONTENT.xsd /DFDL_DELCONTENT line 1 DFDL Validation Problem
That error is not a parsing error. Your DFDL schema is invalid because (I am guessing) you have set the Escape Character property to the empty string.

To parse the final field on each line, which contains commas, you could try the following:
- set lengthKind to 'endOfParent' on the final field. That *should* make the DFDL parser ignore the commas
- if that does not work, try using lengthKind='Pattern' and set the Length property to a regular expression that matches characters until an end-of-line character is found.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » DFDL Escape characters included in Element Data
Jump to: