ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Errors while deploying appliction if flow has subflows

Errors while deploying appliction if flow has subflows « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
anil kumar
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Errors while deploying appliction if flow has subflows Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi All,

I have recently worked on developing a user-defined node using the Subflow
and it worked successfully I have posted a question and solved that issue here
[url] http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=75051&sid=018b0df2fe938eb8fa7cfa3bc331f8d2 [/url]

this is a new issue while i start to develop application using that user defined node normal applications (if the application don't have any subflow or if there are any soap webservice subflows it is working ) seems to work fine but if the Flow has subflows in it
it is throwing error saying
Quote:
Begin running task [Deploying [ApplicationTest] to integration server [default]]
The task was unsuccessful: The following problem is encountered when building a broker archive for deployment with the resource you select:
Processing file ApplicationTest.
Failed to add file ApplicationTest to archive file.

Processing file ApplicationTest\ApplicationTest_AuditReq.esql.
Failed to add file ApplicationTest\ApplicationTest_AuditReq.esql to archive file.
ESQL files referenced from the message flows (.msgflow) cannot be added to the BAR when the "Compile and in-line resources" build option is selected in the Broker Archive editor.
To include each ESQL file in your BAR file as an individual resource, clear "Compile and in-line resources" and rebuild the BAR file.

while i used the Compile and in-line resources to build the bar it is throwing error as

Quote:
Processing file ApplicationTest\ApplicationTest_AuditReq.esql.
Failed to add file ApplicationTest\ApplicationTest_AuditReq.esql to archive file.
ESQL files referenced from the message flows (.msgflow) cannot be added to the BAR when the "Compile and in-line resources" build option is selected in the Broker Archive editor.
To include each ESQL file in your BAR file as an individual resource, clear "Compile and in-line resources" and rebuild the BAR file.

both options are not working
i know that there is limitation on user defined node that it will not work inside a subflow but is there a limitation that if flow contains a subflow it will not work??
can any on throw some lights if this is not legit move to be fallowed while we used user-defined.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...both errors are showing the same thing
Quote:
clear "Compile and in-line resources" and rebuild the BAR file.
anil kumar
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi Abhi,

thanks for your prompt response,
when I tried to build bar by unchecking the compile and in-line resource then also the error persists.
rekarm01
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

anil kumar wrote:
when I tried to build bar by unchecking the compile and in-line resource then also the error persists.

Please double-check that. Clearing "Compile and in-line Resources" and rebuilding the bar file should not give this error:

Quote:

The error message itself should be self-explanatory: don't try to add any ESQL files when compiling and in-lining resources.

From the barfile editor "Prepare" tab, either de-select any selected ESQL files, or de-select the "Compile and in-line resources" build option, before rebuilding the barfile.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

For use in an application you must most probably transform your subflows (.msgflow) into subflows (.subflow) files... You can then remove the compile in line flag.

Have fun
anil kumar
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi All,
i have implemented a user defined node to handle errors . im dragging the user defined node from pallet and connected and connected the failure and catch terminal to my user defined nodes input terminal
it is working fine if flows don't have any subflows.
but one of my test is i have a application where it contains two subflows and i have added my user defined node and when i tried to create a bar file then im getting below exception

Quote:

BIP0841E The resource ApplicationTest.msgflow could not be added to broker archive file ApplicationTest.appzip.
The user defined node implemented by the subflow 'ErrorHandler.msgflow' can not be deployed as a source (.msgflow) file.
Select the build option "Compile and in-line resources" to compile the flows.

it is asking me to select Compile and in-line resources but when i checked the option it is throwing this error

Quote:

Processing file ApplicationTest\ApplicationTest_compute.esql.
Failed to add file ApplicationTest\ApplicationTest_compute.esql to archive file.

if i check this Compile and in-line resources or unchecked the error is not going.

im using a user defined node not a sub flow.when im building the bar file i dont to see my user defined node in the prepare tab
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Hi...I don't think UDN and .subflows gel well,

Extract from infocenter
Quote:
You cannot add the following nodes to a subflow that is defined in a .subflow file:

Nodes representing subflows that are defined in .msgflow files
User-defined nodes created from subflows that are defined in .msgflow files
MQOptimizedFlow nodes

I guess your way out is to move away from 'Applications' and use 'Integration Projects' along with 'Compile and in-line resources' option.

PS: Why do you have the whole error handling implemented using UDN? I've never seen that done before, whatever the UDN is doing - can't the same thing be done by normal flow/esql logic?
anil kumar
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Yeah , the reason i wanted use is whenever there is change error handler esql or subflow whole appliction needs to be redeployed whereas user-defined node just we can replace the Jar and restart the broker the new changes will be avaialable for the broker . thats why i wanted use UDN
rekarm01
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

anil kumar wrote:
it is asking me to select Compile and in-line resources but when i checked the option it is throwing this error

Quote:
Failed to add file ApplicationTest\ApplicationTest_compute.esql to archive file.
ESQL files referenced from the message flows (.msgflow) cannot be added to the BAR ...

The error message above is misleading; ESQL files referenced from message flows (.msgflow) can be added to the BAR (as part of the cmf), but ESQL files referenced from subflows (.subflow) cannot, when the "Compile and in-line resources" build option is selected.

For applications that contain .subflow files referencing ESQL files, convert the subflows to msgflows before trying to compile them in-line.

For non-applications, navigate to the "Prepare" tab in the barfile editor, and search the "Message flows, static libraries, ..." view for any ESQL files that might be checked, and un-check them.

anil kumar wrote:
Yeah , the reason i wanted use is whenever there is change error handler esql or subflow whole appliction needs to be redeployed whereas user-defined node just we can replace the Jar and restart the broker the new changes will be avaialable for the broker

Putting the subflow in a shared library instead would probably be much easier, and wouldn't require restarting the broker for every change.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Errors while deploying appliction if flow has subflows
Jump to: