ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Get message flow name from an event message

Get message flow name from an event message « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
souciance
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Get message flow name from an event message Reply with quote

Disciple

Hello,

From the documentation, it says that the following event message is published by the IIB if a message flow is started:

Code:
<Broker uuid="integrationNodeUuid" label="integrationNodeName" version="1">
<ExecutionGroup uuid="integrationServerUuid">
  <Start>
   <MessageFlow uuid="messageFlowUuid"/>
  </Start>
 </ExecutionGroup>
</Broker>

Now, the message uuid doesn't help me much if I want to know which flow it was that started. Is there any way to get the flow name directly in the event message?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

postprocessing using the broker api to retrieve the labels using the uuids would probably solve you problem. There may be a way to retrieve the label instead or on top of the uuid in the event message. Read the manual / infocenter
souciance
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

fjb_saper wrote:
postprocessing using the broker api to retrieve the labels using the uuids would probably solve you problem. There may be a way to retrieve the label instead or on top of the uuid in the event message. Read the manual / infocenter

I know already about the broker API to get all the details. But what's the point of the event message if I have to do an additional lookup through another API? I want to subscribe to events. The event should contain enough information about the flow/node/server to be self-contained. I would have expected the event message to contain not only the uuid but the actual name as well. Imagine you subscribe to that topic and you just want to push those messages to elasticsearch or something. If the name was included this was but extremely straight forward.
timber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

The message flow name is included with every monitoring message. Why don’t you set up monitoring a take a look.
souciance
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

timber wrote:
The message flow name is included with every monitoring message. Why don’t you set up monitoring a take a look.

Maybe I am missunderstanding, but are you referring to monitoring events rather than the pub/sub events published to a topic? I am referring to the latter.
timber
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Apologies - I was referring to monitoring messages (although those are also published to a topic, btw).

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Get message flow name from an event message
Jump to: