ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB 10 Integration API: how can I get hold of Int Services?

IIB 10 Integration API: how can I get hold of Int Services? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
john.ormerod
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: IIB 10 Integration API: how can I get hold of Int Services? Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hello
The com.ibm.broker.config.proxy package provides me with access to Applications, Libraries, RestApis etc, in order to discover their Msg and Sub flows.

I now want to add Integration Services to the things that my code handles. However, I can't find the proxy class for this item.

I'd be grateful if someone could tell me what I need to use.

Regards, John
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: IIB 10 Integration API: how can I get hold of Int Servic Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

john.ormerod wrote:
Hello
The com.ibm.broker.config.proxy package provides me with access to Applications, Libraries, RestApis etc, in order to discover their Msg and Sub flows.

I now want to add Integration Services to the things that my code handles. However, I can't find the proxy class for this item.

I'd be grateful if someone could tell me what I need to use.

Regards, John

Did you check out the type of artifacts that was deployed when deploying an Integration Service? Look for those in the broker API.

Have fun
john.ormerod
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

In the bar file editor, 'Employee Service' is of type Service. There isn't a ServiceProxy class in the com.ibm.broker.config.proxy package. There is a ServiceProxyItem which is deprecated, along with some related classes, also deprecated.

This doesn't look as though there is a simple answer, which suggests my best way forward is to outline what I'm doing and why. BTW - I'm not an IIB developer, my experience is limited to creating some simple test flows, and by following a tutorial, a RestAPI that invokes an imported 'Employee Service' - I assume the term 'service' means a 'SOAP service'?

I'm developing a monitoring client for IIB 10, that subscribes to specified Msg flows in Apps, Libraries, RestAPis. The one category not covered is the Service.

I provide a properties file at startup, which tells the client which Apps, Libs etc are to be monitored for all, or specific msg flows. This is where I use the Integration API to:
    - find the msg flows and subflows
    - extract their topology from nodes and connections
    - subscribe for monitoring events

I anticipated that adding the Services category would be the same as for the others - find the appropriate subclass of AdministeredObject and away you go. No so...

I've looked at the AdministeredObject's subclasses in Eclipse, and I can't spot a direct or indirect class that looks like the one I need for Services. Same goes for the API's Javadoc.

I hope this helps you provide guidance as to how I get hold of Services and their flows.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

In order to understand what you need to do, you cannot look at the design time artifacts alone. You will also need to look at what the deployed artifact looks like.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB 10 Integration API: how can I get hold of Int Services?
Jump to: