ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » How do I use MQ between Win10 and Windows Server 2016?

How do I use MQ between Win10 and Windows Server 2016? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
tonynix
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: How do I use MQ between Win10 and Windows Server 2016? Reply with quote

My end game is to start a QMGR in a Windows platform, either my Win10 PC or using VMWare to install MQ in a Windows Server. I'm not sure how all this works. My goal is to prove that I send a message from a Windows platform running a QMGR to another QMGR (either on Linux or z/OS).

What's the best way to do this?

I've already proven that using Win10 and MQ Explorer I'm able to post a message from MQ Explorer and get the message from the z/OS QMGR. I want to show the distributed side of sending a message from Win10 to Linux, another Windows platform, and Unix.

I appreciate any tips or guidance you can give me. TIA. Tony
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Install IMQ on the same Win10 where you already have the MQ Explorer, then create the usual objects to do distributed queuing. IMQ runs just fine as a VMWare image - even to a z/OS image.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » How do I use MQ between Win10 and Windows Server 2016?
Jump to: