ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Expose only necessary fields

Expose only necessary fields « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
saviobarr
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Expose only necessary fields Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi everyone,
I have a Integration Service, which has an operation that exposes a type (xsd) with 40 fields, but the service consumer needs provide values for only 2 fields. Is there a way to show only the necessary fields of my huge xsd?
When I create a SoapUI project for my integration service, it shows all 40 fields in the request section, but only 2 fields will be passed in the request.

Thanks in advance.

Savio Barros
Armageddon123
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

so, all other 38 fields must be optional . so you need to provide only the small xsd to consumer, consumer will get the whole xsd only if they do http get and suffixed with a query string ?wsdl. this can be disallowed by setting on soap nodes.
But still the consumer can try random input fields and possible it matches any of those 38 fields,, if that is a problem , then you must create a wrapper service on top of 40 fields service to only expose 2 fields and have it follow standard authentication/authorization procedures.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Or you could simply ignore the fact that the mapper shows all 40ish fields, and use it to only set the ones that need to be set.
saviobarr
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

mqjeff wrote:
Or you could simply ignore the fact that the mapper shows all 40ish fields, and use it to only set the ones that need to be set.

Yes. Currently I am using that approach, but the consumer team does not accept the fact that they can just ignore fields showed in the SoapUI request. Deal with people is always the worse part of each job

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Expose only necessary fields
Jump to: