ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Need to send all propagated message to same QMGR Q in clust

Need to send all propagated message to same QMGR Q in clust « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
shyamkumarsharma001
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject: Need to send all propagated message to same QMGR Q in clust Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

I have flow which takes input from front end and loops through 1 array to send multiple messages to mainframe over MQ. Suppose the flow has propagated 10 messages, these all messages should go to 1 Qmgr queue in the cluster but currently alternate messages are routed to 2 Qmgr queues due to cluster load balancing.
Mainframe is supposed to send only 1 response message but now it is sending 2 response messages as it is receiving 2 sets of messages in 2 different QMgr queues.
I thought of using Qmgr name in the MQOutput node Qmgr Name property. As We have 2 IIB servers in QA region, 1 IIB server can use QMgr1 and other IIB server can use QMgr2.
But I am facing issues on how to override the QMgr name differently while deploying the flow to the QA region as the deployment is automated through UCDeploy.
Please let me know if you have an alternate solution to this issue.

Thanks,
Shyam.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Need to send all propagated message to same QMGR Q in cl Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

shyamkumarsharma001 wrote:
Hi,

I have flow which takes input from front end and loops through 1 array to send multiple messages to mainframe over MQ. Suppose the flow has propagated 10 messages, these all messages should go to 1 Qmgr queue in the cluster but currently alternate messages are routed to 2 Qmgr queues due to cluster load balancing.
Mainframe is supposed to send only 1 response message but now it is sending 2 response messages as it is receiving 2 sets of messages in 2 different QMgr queues.
I thought of using Qmgr name in the MQOutput node Qmgr Name property. As We have 2 IIB servers in QA region, 1 IIB server can use QMgr1 and other IIB server can use QMgr2.
But I am facing issues on how to override the QMgr name differently while deploying the flow to the QA region as the deployment is automated through UCDeploy.
Please let me know if you have an alternate solution to this issue.

Thanks,
Shyam.

you did not specify which version of MQ you're talking about. Did you think of setting instead of bindnotfixed bindgroup ? Have your messages that need to go to the same queue manager issued in a group and bind group should take care of it
shyamkumarsharma001
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Sorry about that, MQ version is 7.5. The messages are not issued under group. Probably that may resolve it but I have not tried grouping messages through IIB yet. I will update you on the same if I try to implement grouping of messages. Thanks for your reply.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Need to send all propagated message to same QMGR Q in cl Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

shyamkumarsharma001 wrote:

Using uDeploy has no impact on your situation. Anything you can do to override properties in an environment that doesn't have uDeploy can be incorporated into a uDeploy workflow.

Caveat: if what you'd usually do is "edit the bar file in the Toolkit and then deploy it to Prod", then I accept that's probably hard to implement in a workflow. It's also a bad idea.
shyamkumarsharma001
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for the reply. I am now checking the QueueManagerName for the broker in particular environment and accordingly setting the destination list through esql. It's working as expected now. The properties are promoted to flow which gets overridden through UCDeploy at deploy time.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Need to send all propagated message to same QMGR Q in clust
Jump to: