ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Non-funtional Testing tools for IIB

Non-funtional Testing tools for IIB « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
pottas
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Non-funtional Testing tools for IIB Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi,
This query is related to IIB, but I guess it is more of a question around what tech to use with IIB, than an issue or a query about IIB.

So, if this is the wrong forum for such a query, I apologize for it.

I am part of the strategy team in my organisation, and we are looking for an application or tool that can do the following for our IIB environment:

After our build-test-fix cycle, we want to have some tool or application that will be able to give us the functionality to properly test our source code, possibly record our test cases, so that we can 'replay' them when we update the service.
To possibly give us a breakdown of what 'code coverage' our test cases had, in other words, what source was never executed in our test cases. Much like what the debugger do when stepping through source - indicating what lines of ESQL was executed.

I know IBM has a product called Rational Performance Tester, but are there any alternatives available? Also, in the industry, how do you guys go about? I'd appreciate if you can share your approach with us.
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

There are built in tools in IIB for record/replay.

A common vendor tool is loadrunner. But it doesn't look inside IIB code.

I think there is a support pac for code coverage.
pottas
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Thanks a lot for the reply zpat, I will surely investigate what is contained within IIB, we are in the process of migrating from WMB7 to IIB10, so exciting times ahead. So I will have a look at what we can get out of the box with this, also, thanks, will read up on loadrunner as well.
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Check out support pac IAM2.
ruimadaleno
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Not sure if this is the kind of tool you are looking for...

Sonarqube is a tool for continously checking you code quality

https://www.sonarqube.org/

there is a plugin for toolkit/IIB (currently working in v10)

http://bettercodingtools.com/message-brokeriib-eclipse-integration-with-sonarqube

Rui Madaleno

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Non-funtional Testing tools for IIB
Jump to: