ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Exception does not trigger SAP Input node failure terminal

Exception does not trigger SAP Input node failure terminal « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Gralgrathor
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:26 am    Post subject: Exception does not trigger SAP Input node failure terminal Reply with quote

Master

Tested with IIB 10.0.0.5 and 7 on Windows7 and AIX.

If I receive a message on the SAP Input node, generate an exception, then again generate an exception on the Catch-leg, I expect the retry mechanism on the SAP Input node to be triggered, which is set to Fail, and the input message to be put on the failure terminal of the SAP input node.

However, nothing appears on the failure terminal of the input node, no matter what settings and properties I change.

If I step through the flow using the debugger, the exception on the Output-leg is detected, triggering the message to be put on the Catch-terminal. A compute node on the Catch-leg then does a THROW, and the debugger shows a red exclamation mark on the input node. Stepping forward does not result in a message on the Fail-leg, however, but causes the debugger to start waiting for the next input message.

I've run a couple of system traces, but they don't tell me much more than the user traces and the debugger: an exception is detected in the Catch-leg, and then - nothing.

Does anybody have similar problems with SAP Input nodes? Does anybody have a suggestion for a possible solution, or something I might try to get closer to the cause of the problem?

Thanks in advance!
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Exception does not trigger SAP Input node failure termin Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Gralgrathor wrote:
Tested with IIB 10.0.0.5 and 7 on Windows7 and AIX.

If I receive a message on the SAP Input node, generate an exception, then again generate an exception on the Catch-leg, I expect the retry mechanism on the SAP Input node to be triggered, which is set to Fail, and the input message to be put on the failure terminal of the SAP input node.

However, nothing appears on the failure terminal of the input node, no matter what settings and properties I change.

If I step through the flow using the debugger, the exception on the Output-leg is detected, triggering the message to be put on the Catch-terminal. A compute node on the Catch-leg then does a THROW, and the debugger shows a red exclamation mark on the input node. Stepping forward does not result in a message on the Fail-leg, however, but causes the debugger to start waiting for the next input message.

I've run a couple of system traces, but they don't tell me much more than the user traces and the debugger: an exception is detected in the Catch-leg, and then - nothing.

Does anybody have similar problems with SAP Input nodes? Does anybody have a suggestion for a possible solution, or something I might try to get closer to the cause of the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Think about how the message on the failure node would work with SAP's message / IDOC system. Check out the status and information on the IDOC in SAP. You'll notice that the IDOC has been marked with an error code for it's status and there might be an error message as you would see in the exception tree.

Have fun
Gralgrathor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Exception does not trigger SAP Input node failure termin Reply with quote

Master

fjb_saper wrote:
You'll notice that the IDOC has been marked with an error code

That would have been acceptable. Unfortunately, SAP registers the Idoc as having been successfully delivered to its partner.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Exception does not trigger SAP Input node failure termin Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Gralgrathor wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:
You'll notice that the IDOC has been marked with an error code

That would have been acceptable. Unfortunately, SAP registers the Idoc as having been successfully delivered to its partner.

what happens if the failure terminal is not linked to anything?
Gralgrathor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: Exception does not trigger SAP Input node failure termin Reply with quote

Master

fjb_saper wrote:
what happens if the failure terminal is not linked to anything?

Same thing.
wietse_de_vries
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling the failure terminal in the SAP input node works in version 8 of WMB in case of an failure/rollback somewhere down the flow.

Ik have tested this in version 10.0.0.3 and it works. Now with version 10.0.0.5 is doesn't work.

Why a Failure terminal if "by deisgn" it is never called?

This looks like a bug in 10.0.0.5
Gralgrathor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

wietse_de_vries wrote:

Perhaps for aesthetic reasons?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

wietse_de_vries wrote:
Calling the failure terminal in the SAP input node works in version 8 of WMB in case of an failure/rollback somewhere down the flow.

Ik have tested this in version 10.0.0.3 and it works. Now with version 10.0.0.5 is doesn't work.

This looks like a bug in 10.0.0.5

How does it work int 10.0.0.7 ?
Gralgrathor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

fjb_saper wrote:
How does it work int 10.0.0.7 ?

Same behaviour. The only thing I haven't done yet (besides dating a supermodel - in both cases I'm still working on it, in between emergencies) is building a 10.0.0.3/4 environment and checking if that works. I've seen this flow work in other environments, but I cannot say with absolute certainty that it's the upgrade from 10.0.0.4 to 5 that killed it, since this flow was deployed only after the upgrade to 10.0.0.5.

- edit -

Correction: I *do* know this worked before the upgrade; there are failed Idocs on queues connected to the failure terminals of this flow that date before the upgrade.

Last edited by Gralgrathor on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Open a PMR. Get the latest IFix for the component and check if it works...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Exception does not trigger SAP Input node failure terminal
Jump to: