ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to start and stop message flows at particular intervals

How to start and stop message flows at particular intervals « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Bichu
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:21 am    Post subject: How to start and stop message flows at particular intervals Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi All,

I have a requirement for a file fetch from a directory that will be delivered only once in a week. So I designed a message flow which will trigger an input messages to the file read node using MQ input node to read the directory. I thought of writing a cron job which will scan the directory and if file is present, it will trigger a message to the queue listened by the mq input node using amqsput command.

how can i start or stop the message flow only at periodic intervals or when some other criteria meets.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Why send the message on a cron job? Why not have the sender send the message to the trigger queue when it is done and the file is complete?
In fact why have a file at all? Have the sender send messages instead of a file.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

What happens if the clock on the machine putting the file into that directory is 5 seconds slower than the clock on the machine running the cron job...
Bichu
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

fjb_saper wrote:
Why send the message on a cron job? Why not have the sender send the message to the trigger queue when it is done and the file is complete?
In fact why have a file at all? Have the sender send messages instead of a file.

The sender dont have an MQ end to send the messages. Hence if the file is present in the directory, IIB needs to pick the message. for which I am using File Read node which in turn needs a dummy message.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Bichu wrote:
Hence if the file is present in the directory, IIB needs to pick the message. for which I am using File Read node which in turn needs a dummy message.

Why not a FileInput?

What if the clocks are out of sync as my most worthy associate suggests?

What if the clocks are fine but the weekly process to produce the file runs for 30 minutes longer than it usually does? Or starts late due to some delay in the upstream process?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to start and stop message flows at particular intervals
Jump to: