ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » MQ Cluster Anomaly

MQ Cluster Anomaly « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Bichu
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:21 am    Post subject: MQ Cluster Anomaly Reply with quote

Centurion

I felt an anomaly between the two.

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.con.doc/q017230_.htm
Cluster sender channels must only be defined to connect a partial repository to a full repository, or to connect two full repositories together. Manually configuring a CLUSSDR channel that addresses a partial repository, or a queue manager not in the cluster, leads to error messages, such as AMQ9427 and AMQ9428 being issued.

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.mq.tro.doc/q039150_.htm
Each cluster sender channel connects to a cluster receiver channel of the same name. If there is no local cluster receiver channel with the same name as the cluster sender channel on the remote queue manager, then it won't work

What do you think?

When I tried the second option, cluster is working for me. Is it a problem as mentioned in first link.
Bichu
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Of if put in other words, do every cluster receiver channel requires a cluster sender channel or vice versa irrespective of the repositories.
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

There is no anomaly - a SDR channel requires a RCVR channel to which to connect, so a CLUSSDR requires a CLUSRCVR.

The reason that you define CLUSSDRs only to a Full Repository (FR) is because the FR handles the propagation of a Partial Repository's (PR) CLUSRCVR details to all other queue managers in the cluster; PRs then automatically define the CLUSSDR end of the channel pair when required.

The above is really a basic, high-level, explanation, but with clustering I find it helpful if you think along the following lines (again, a generalised high-level explanation):

"FRs know everything about the cluster all of the time, PRs know what they need to know when they need to know it, get that information from a FR, then remember it."
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

exerk wrote:
...PRs then automatically define the CLUSSDR end of the channel pair when required.

Bichu, might I suggest that you continue your learning about mq clusters by researching with CLUSSDRA and CLUSSDRB channels.
Bichu
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks all.

I have created my cluster and it works only after the sender channel to PR has been created in FR. Now I have 1 sender and 1 receiver channel in my PR but have 1 receiver and multiple sender channels in my FR. I have 2 FR's and 3 PR's in my cluster.

Last edited by Bichu on Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Bichu wrote:
Thanks all.

I have created my cluster and it works only after the sender channel to PR has been created in PR. Now I have 1 sender and 1 receiver channel in my PR but have 1 receiver and multiple sender channels in my FR. I have 2 FR's and 3 PR's in my cluster.

Please be precise. Do you have SDR channels? Or CLUSSDR channels?
Bichu
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

My Apologies. I am talking about CLUSSDR channels and CLUSRCVR channels.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_8.0.0/com.ibm.mq.con.doc/q017360_.htm
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Bichu wrote:
...I have created my cluster and it works only after the sender channel to PR has been created in FR...

Then there is a problem - you should not, repeat not, create any CLUSSDR channels from FRs to PRs.

The basics of clustering are:

1. Create two queue managers and designate each them as a FR;
2. Define CLUSRCVR channels in each FR;
3. Define CLUSSDR channels in each FR, each CLUSSDR to point to the CLUSRCVR of the other FR - only proceed further if it can be verified that each CLUSSDR/CLUSRCVR pair in each FR is communicating correctly;
4. Define n queue managers, as PRs, each with a CLUSSRCVR;
5. In each n PR queue manager, define a CLUSSDR pointing to one of the FRs.

Please post the commands you ran to create the FRs and their cluster channels, that will help us to better understand what you have done and how we can help.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Bichu wrote:
...I have created my cluster and it works only after the sender channel to PR has been created in FR...

Hmmm.

I likely misread this as the CLUSSDRA/B channels were created automatically by MQ cluster internals. I suppose it could also be read as "... after I created..."

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » MQ Cluster Anomaly
Jump to: