ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » adding custom application specific MQ headers

adding custom application specific MQ headers « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ravi21588
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:19 pm    Post subject: adding custom application specific MQ headers Reply with quote

hi All,
Can you please tell me if we can add application specific MQ headers using apache camel.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Let me re-phrase your question

1) Can you please tell me if we can add application specific MQ headers.
and if so
2) Can we do it using apache camel

What sort of headers? Headers to your data or to the message metadata. By metadata, I mean the sort of data that MQ would use in order to do its work.

If the latter then the 'usr' folder in the RFH2 header would probably what you want.
As for doing it with Camel??????
who knows eh? As it is a Jave environment (afaik) then everything is possible but that is not to say that it is going to be rasy or even desirable.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

If you are using MQ v8 or later (which you should be), then you can use message properties instead of figuring out how to add data to the usr folder in the RFH header.

The MQ Java API should let you do this, and I expect that the JMS API should as well.

Other applications can choose whether to receive these messages with properties or with an RFH header.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » adding custom application specific MQ headers
Jump to: