ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Configure Monitoring events in REST Api project

Configure Monitoring events in REST Api project « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Yoel
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Configure Monitoring events in REST Api project Reply with quote

Novice

Hi all,

I just started using REST Api projects in IIB 10.
I cannot find how to set the Monitoring events of the input node.
I am talking about the Transaction start event for instance.

In an integratoin service project I have the ability to configure the Monitoring by selecting the binding from the new Service tooling.

I cannot find a similar option for a REST API.
I am obviously not interested in touching the genrated flow.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
timber
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

If I was doing this, I would not define the monitoring events in the IIB toolkit. I would use mqsireportflowmonitoring to get the list of available event sources. Then I would construct a monitoring profile and apply that to the message flow.
ruimadaleno
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

In my site we have a policy in place that instructs every developer to configure a set of selected events in every message flow delivered to our company.

This is just one solution, other are available , it might not fit you case.

If someone delivered a message flows without event monitoring configured then the option is to build a monitoring profile and apply the profile to the message flow.

Rui Madaleno
Craig B
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Timbers approach is the correct approach here. REST API applications have a hidden main message flow. It is possible to open this using the flow editor and add the Monitoring event to the input node BUT there is a huge warning on that page not to update that flow. This is because updates to the REST API details might cause the flow to be generated.

The better solution here is to create monitoring profile and then associate this with the REST API main flow.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Configure Monitoring events in REST Api project
Jump to: