ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Pub Sub implicit Stream used but not appended to topic

Pub Sub implicit Stream used but not appended to topic « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Paul D
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Pub Sub implicit Stream used but not appended to topic Reply with quote

Master

I'm using RFH1 messages in MQSI V2.1 CSD#1 to publish. I've hit a condition where I set the RFH1 header like this:

(0x1000000)MQRFH = (
(0x3000000)Version = 1
(0x3000000)Encoding = 273
(0x3000000)CodedCharSetId = 819
(0x3000000)Format = 'MQSTR '
(0x3000000)Flags = 0
(0x3000000)MQPSTopic = 'TopicA'
(0x3000000)MQPSTopic = 'TopicB'
(0x3000000)MQPSTopic = 'TopicC'
)

And use a Publish Node with implicit stream naming checked and no point set. I have a "*" subscription set up and I get no matches. When I check the user trace file for pub sub match messages, they look like this:

UserTrace BIP7081I: The Publication Node has matched 0 subscriptions to topic 'TopicA' for subscription point ''.
The Publication Node has matched subscriptions for the current publication and topic.

But they should really look like this when running with RFH1 and implicit stream naming:

UserTrace BIP7081I: The Publication Node has matched 1 subscriptions to topic '$SYS/STREAM/ZIMBU.TEST.RFH.QUEUE1/TopicA' for subscription point ''.
The Publication Node has matched subscriptions for the current publication and topic.

My RFH1 folder on these messages looks like this:

(0x1000000)MQRFH = (
(0x3000000)Version = 1
(0x3000000)Encoding = 273
(0x3000000)CodedCharSetId = 819
(0x3000000)Format = 'MQSTR '
(0x3000000)Flags = 0
(0x3000000)MQPSCommand = 'Publish'
(0x3000000)MQPSQName = 'ZIMBU.TEST.RFH.QUEUE1.REPLY'
(0x3000000)MQPSTopic = 'TopicA'
(0x3000000)MQPSTopic = 'TopicB'
(0x3000000)MQPSTopic = 'TopicC'
(0x3000000)MQPSStreamName = 'ZIMBU.TEST.RFH.QUEUE1'
)

The difference being that the input queue is appended onto the front of the topic. Given how this is said to work in the manual, I'm not sure why this is happening.

Taken From Help on Publish Node:
Check the Implicit Stream Naming check box if you want the name of the MQSeries queue on which the message was received to be taken as the stream name. This property provides forward compatibility with the MQSeries Publish/Subscribe SupportPac available on several MQSeries server platforms, and applies to messages with an MQRFH header when MQPSStream is not specified.

The differences between these two runs are the successful one is of message type Datagram and the other is a Request message. The successful one also has the MQPSStreamName set and the other does not. Has anyone seen this before and can shed some light on it.

Thanks in advance...

Paul

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Pub Sub implicit Stream used but not appended to topic
Jump to: