ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Fetch lakhs of rows from IIB

Fetch lakhs of rows from IIB « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Bichu
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Fetch lakhs of rows from IIB Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi Folks,

I have a requirement of fetching a database on a daily basis, but the resultset will contain lakhs of rows. I need to get this data and should expose as a web service in iib. I thought of options including limiting the result set, or invoking a SP which limits the results. But since I need to communicate the data as a single webservice, I doubt the feasibility of the above options.

Can anyone suggest a better design for this?

Thanks in advance.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

So you're fetching a result set from a database and sending the data to a web service endpoint?

Or you need to hold the result set in IIB and allow access to it via an IIB hosted web service?

Exactly how many rows are we talking? How many Mb of data?
Bichu
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Yes. I need to access the database from IIB and need to act as a webservice provider so that data can be fetched from IIB.

It will be around 5lakhs+ rows but not sure about the size in MB. Probably, it might be greater than the 100 MB capacity of broker.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Bichu wrote:
It will be around 5lakhs+ rows but not sure about the size in MB.

For anyone else wondering:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakh

(To remove any doubt, I didn't happen to know but Googled it)

Bichu wrote:
Probably, it might be greater than the 100 MB capacity of broker.

Where do you get 100 Mb from? The JVM especially will typically be larger than that.

A better question is what's the client going to do when you send them all this through as a web service response? I bet they're expecting something smaller.
Bichu
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks for your replies.

But as per my understanding, MQ have the maximum size limit as 100 Mb. Hence message flows designed to be run on MQ will have also 100 MB.

I know we can increase the file node capacity, but am I right in the above point. I wonder if its not.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Bichu wrote:
But as per my understanding, MQ have the maximum size limit as 100 Mb. Hence message flows designed to be run on MQ will have also 100 MB.

Where's the MQ in your solution? You've mentioned database, you've mentioned web services, you've never said anything about using MQ before now.

Bichu wrote:
I know we can increase the file node capacity, but am I right in the above point. I wonder if its not.

If you need to increase the File node limit past the 100Mb default you need to question your design. That limit is not for the file it's for the record, and if you're trying to read an entire 100+Mb file as a single record something is very odd. If you're trying to read a 100+Mb file one 2Kb record at a time you don't need to touch that limit.

For MQ 100Mb is the limit for a single message. You can use other strategies to pass more data than that through MQ, and ideally would even if you had a lot of data but less than 100Mb.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Fetch lakhs of rows from IIB
Jump to: