ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Where is Reply Identifier stored other than Local Environmen

Where is Reply Identifier stored other than Local Environmen « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
anshumanmishra07
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Where is Reply Identifier stored other than Local Environmen Reply with quote

Below is the simple flow that I created.

SOAP input-->SOAP Extract-->HTTP Header-->Compute-->SOAP Reply

I have used the SOAP Extract and HTTP Headers just to remove all the headers.

Compute Node properties:
Compute Mode: LocalEnvironment and Message
Everything else is same as default setting.

Inside Compute Node:
CALL copyEntireMessage();

The issue is as I have selected LocalEnvironment and Message in compute mode, and inside compute node I am not changing the LOCALENVIRONMENT. So when the message passes the compute node LOCALENVIRONMENT is getting deleted(which contains REPLY IDENTIFIER). Still I am getting the response with the SOAP Reply node.

So where is the reply identifier getting stored other than the LOCALENVIRONMENT?
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Can a moderator please move this to the Broker Forum.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

If you instruct the compute node to let you alter the Local Environment, you get two LocalEnvironment trees - InputLocalEnvironment and OutputLocalEnvironment.

OutputLocalEnvironment is empty unless you populate it.
mgk
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

In the case where the SOAP Input and Reply nodes are in the same flow, then the Reply Identifier is passed between the two nodes 'behind the scenes' by IIB itself as the request and reply are on the same OS thread. It's only when you put the reply node in a different flow (or cause it to be used on a different thread by using aggregation or async request nodes for example) that you have to worry about preserving the replyId yourself. So in the simple case IIB just makes it work without you having to do anything...

Kind regards,

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Where is Reply Identifier stored other than Local Environmen
Jump to: