ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » workloadmanagement policy

workloadmanagement policy « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
MonikaVarma
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:53 am    Post subject: workloadmanagement policy Reply with quote

Novice

Hi experts,
I am working on workloadmanagement policy in iib v9. My sample flow has mqinput, mqheader and mqoutput nodes......................i have created a work load management policy and attached it to my message flow in the integration server through the commands. i have set notification threshold and maximum message rate per second to some values in the policy document.
My understanding is that whenever the messages received by the message flow reach the notification threshold value then it will send a notification. I wanted to see how this notification is published.
i have created the topic "$SYS/Broker/integrationNodeName/WorkloadManagement/AboveThreshold/integrationServerName
/application_name/message_flow_name" and subscribed to it.when the message flow receives the messages more than threshold value it does not publish to that subscriber. Correct me if my understanding is wrong.
thanks in advance
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: workloadmanagement policy Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

MonikaVarma wrote:
i have created the topic "$SYS/Broker/integrationNodeName/WorkloadManagement/AboveThreshold/integrationServerName
/application_name/message_flow_name"

I do hope you've subscribed to the actual broker (integration node) name you're using and not "integrationNodeName" as shown above. Likewise for the other replaceable parameters.

If yes, try creating a topic "$SYS/Broker/#", subscribe to that and examine the actual topic strings of the published messages.
MonikaVarma
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Vitor,
Thanks for the response.
I have created a topic as "$SYS/Broker/IB9NODE/WorkloadManagement/AboveThreshold/default/MQ_Service_Ex/service" and created a subscription to that topic. Then i triggered messages more than notification threshold value. But to my luck still am unable to see the messages publishing to that subscriber
I have also tried as u suggested "SYS/Broker/#" and subscribed to it, it also didn't work for me...
Please suggest your valuable feedbacks..
MonikaVarma
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Anybody please suggest your suggestions as it is needed to be done ASAP.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

MonikaVarma wrote:

I have also tried as u suggested "SYS/Broker/#" and subscribed to it, it also didn't work for me...

It wouldn't - the correct value is "$SYS/Broker/#"

You can test this by enabling resource statistics. You have absolutely no interest in these statistics, but if you don't see the messages then there's something wrong with your subscription.

If you see those messages, but not the workload notification then:

- there's a problem with your policy
- you're not putting enough messages in a short enough time frame to trigger the notification
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

MonikaVarma wrote:
Anybody please suggest your suggestions as it is needed to be done ASAP.

We're not a help desk. If you need help within an SLA, raise a PMR. We're volunteers with day jobs.
MonikaVarma
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thank you for your valuable response Vitor.
I have tried with the topic "$SYS/Broker/#", i can see statistics report.I created the topic "$SYS/Broker/IB9NODE/WorkloadManagement/#" .
I have created the subscription correctly and assigned the destination to the subscriber queue. I am sending the messages more than the notification threshold value but the notifications are not sent to the queue.
I have been trying on this since long time but couldn't be successful.
MonikaVarma
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

The policy i attached to the message flow in the default EG of the broker is like:
<wsp:Policy xmlns:wsp="http://www.w3.org/ns/ws-policy"> <iwlm:workloadManagement xmlns:iwlm="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/websphere/iib/9.0.0/policy/wlm"> <!-- Each of the following lines specify a value in the policy. --> <!-- If any are left blank or missed out then the deployed value on the message flow is used. --> <!-- Notification threshold - Number of messages per second. A value of zero disables the mechanism. -->
<iwlm:notificationThresholdMsgsPerSec>4</iwlm:notificationThresholdMsgsPerSec>
<!-- Maximum rate - Number of messages per second. A value of zero disables the mechanism. -->
<iwlm:maximumRateMsgsPerSec>8</iwlm:maximumRateMsgsPerSec>
<!-- Processing timeout - Number of seconds. A value of zero disables the mechanism. -->
<iwlm:processingTimeoutSec>0</iwlm:processingTimeoutSec>
<!-- Processing timeout action - none or restartExecutionGroup. -->
<iwlm:processingTimeoutAction></iwlm:processingTimeoutAction>
<!-- Additional instances - Number of additional message flow instances.-->
<iwlm:additionalInstances>0</iwlm:additionalInstances>
<!-- Start instances when flow starts - true or false.-->
<iwlm:startInstancesWhenFlowStarts></iwlm:startInstancesWhenFlowStarts>
<!-- Commit count - Numnber of transactions to execute before commiting.-->
<iwlm:commitCount>1</iwlm:commitCount>
<!-- Commit interval- Nunber of milliseconds to wait before commiting.-->
<iwlm:commitInterval>0</iwlm:commitInterval>
<!-- Start mode - maintained, manual, or automatic -->
<iwlm:startMode>Maintained</iwlm:startMode>
</iwlm:workloadManagement></wsp:Policy>
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

MonikaVarma wrote:
I have tried with the topic "$SYS/Broker/#", i can see statistics report.I created the topic "$SYS/Broker/IB9NODE/WorkloadManagement/#" .

You should see the notification reports on the "$SYS/Broker/#" subscription as well.

MonikaVarma wrote:
I am sending the messages more than the notification threshold value

Your broker appears to have a different opinion to you on this. Which it would have if you're doing this on the Developer Edition on your local machine.
MonikaVarma
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I created another queue manager and the respective broker and deployed the respective flow and the bar file, yet there is no change. No messages are published. I subscribed to the topic "$SYS/Broker/#" and the statistics reports are like:
<ResourceStatistics brokerLabel="IB9NODE" brokerUUID="866415a3-1e99-44d7-a9bf-3a0d01385d22" executionGroupName="default2" executionGroupUUID="359e2f3c-5301-0000-0080-80e4c6cfbb52" collectionStartDate="2016-06-16" collectionStartTime="10:09:43" startDate="2016-06-16" startTime="11:35:25" endDate="2016-06-16" endTime="11:35:45" timezone="Asia/Calcutta"><ResourceType name="JVM"><resourceIdentifier name="summary" InitialMemoryInMB="96" UsedMemoryInMB="107" CommittedMemoryInMB="172" MaxMemoryInMB="-1" CumulativeGCTimeInSeconds="0" CumulativeNumberOfGCCollections="26"/><resourceIdentifier name="Heap Memory" InitialMemoryInMB="96" UsedMemoryInMB="36" CommittedMemoryInMB="97" MaxMemoryInMB="256"/><resourceIdentifier name="Non-Heap Memory" InitialMemoryInMB="0" UsedMemoryInMB="71" CommittedMemoryInMB="75" MaxMemoryInMB="-1"/><resourceIdentifier name="Garbage Collection - Copy" CumulativeGCTimeInSeconds="0" CumulativeNumberOfGCCollections="17"/><resourceIdentifier name="Garbage Collection - Mark

{"ResourceStatistics":{"ResourceType":[{"name":"JVM","resourceIdentifier":[{"name":"summary","InitialMemoryInMB":"32","UsedMemoryInMB":"41","CommittedMemoryInMB":"68","MaxMemoryInMB":"-1","CumulativeGCTimeInSeconds":"0","CumulativeNumberOfGCCollections":"29"},{"name":"Heap Memory","InitialMemoryInMB":"32","UsedMemoryInMB":"9","CommittedMemoryInMB":"32","MaxMemoryInMB":"256"},{"name":"Non-Heap Memory","InitialMemoryInMB":"0","UsedMemoryInMB":"32","CommittedMemoryInMB":"36","MaxMemoryInMB":"-1"},{"name":"Garbage Collection - Copy","CumulativeGCTimeInSeconds":"0","CumulativeNumberOfGCCollections":"23"},{"name":"Garbage Collection - MarkSweepCompact","CumulativeGCTimeInSeconds":"0","CumulativeNumberOfGCCollections":"6"}]},{"name":"ODBC","resourceIdentifier":[{"name":"summary","ExecuteSuccess":"0","ExecuteFailure":"0","ActiveConnections":"0","ClosedConnections":"0","Connec.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

MonikaVarma wrote:
I created another queue manager and the respective broker and deployed the respective flow and the bar file, yet there is no change.

Was this on the same machine? If so, why would you expect it to be different?

You are using the Developer Edition (as I previously theorized) are you not? Because if you are, that's your problem.
MonikaVarma
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Vitor, we are using the advanced edition.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

MonikaVarma wrote:
Hi Vitor, we are using the advanced edition.

Confirm that with the broker.

Also verify that you're not getting the messages on the generic subscription.
MonikaVarma
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,
i have checked the broker properties.Its advanced edition.
When i subscribe with the subscription $SYS/Broker/#" still i don't get any notifications published.Only i can see is the resource statistics of the broker and the execution groups.
MonikaVarma
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Actually am unable to figure out where the issue is persisting.I believe i have made all the configurations properly..

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » workloadmanagement policy
Jump to: