ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Accessing multiple databases using single configurable servc

Accessing multiple databases using single configurable servc « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Srisai
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Accessing multiple databases using single configurable servc Reply with quote

Hello ...,

Can any one help to access multiple databases using single JDBC configurable service using mapping node.Is it possible ???
I have same user id and password with both databases but the SID will for two databases....

Thank you
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Can you use a single JDBC connection - in any Java context - to connect to different *databases*?

If so, you can configure a JDBC Configurable Service in the same way.

If not... then there's no reason to think Broker would give you features on top of JDBC.
Srisai
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for reply...

I appreciate if you could help me....

i want to connect to multiple databases using single configurable service.Is it possible.If not what is the best to do that using mapping node
mayheminMQ
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

From Knowledge Center on jdbcproviders configurable service for IIB 9.0

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bn28734_.htm?lang=en

That clearly states 1 database and multiple schemas is possible. But reading through this, I have a question now.

From the same link:
Quote:

If the specified URL format contains non-standard JDBC data source properties, such as a server identifier, specify one of five general-purpose connection attributes to define these additional properties.

For example, if connectionURLFormat = jdbc:oracle:thin:[user]/[password]@[serverName]:[portNumber]:[connectionUrlFormatAttr1], connectionUrlFormatAttr1 must contain an Oracle server identifier, which you must supply by defining the value for the property connectionUrlFormatAttr1 on the mqsicreateconfigurableservice or mqsichangeproperties command. The integration node can then substitute all the required values into the required pattern.

Can we not then dynamically change the values and use the same jdbc connection detail? Not exactly as using jdbc service for multiple dbs at the same time but we could change it between transactions. Is my understanding correct?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mayheminMQ wrote:

Can we not then dynamically change the values and use the same jdbc connection detail? Not exactly as using jdbc service for multiple dbs at the same time but we could change it between transactions. Is my understanding correct?

Remember the configurable service is cached. In order to change any value, you'd have to bounce the Integration Node.
mayheminMQ
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

thanks fjb_saber. That clears my (mis)understanding.
Srisai
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

could you please guide me how to change the same jdbc connection detail dynamically.I am using the same schema for multiple databases

I appreciate if i get help from anyone

Thank you
Srisai
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I want to create a generic configurable service for accessing multiple databases.Please guide me to achieve this task

Thank you
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Srisai wrote:
I want to create a generic configurable service for accessing multiple databases.

Ok. Why do you want to do this?

Also, what do you mean by 'databases'. Do you mean databases all stored on the same database management system - that is a single install of DB2/Oracle/SQLServer/etc.. on a single network endpoint?

Or do you mean multiple databases across multiple database management systems? I doubt you will find any solution in any product that will let you do that - except by writing your own code to create a set of database connections.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Accessing multiple databases using single configurable servc
Jump to: