ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » cluster queue not appearing in other queue manager

cluster queue not appearing in other queue manager « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
narayanarvr
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: cluster queue not appearing in other queue manager Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi Team,

I am new to clustering in MQ, i have created a simple cluster with 2 queue managers A, B.created 2 clussdr and clusrcvr channels, created listeners, all are running fine and followed exact steps using a cluster manual, I see the both queue managers in INVENTORY cluster, I see the cluster queue advertised in cluster INVENTORY.

I created Cluster queue in QM A, and put one test message but it is not going to QM B in cluster queue which we created in QM A.

here not sure if my understanding is wrong, I thought that if i create a cluster queue in QM A and put test message it will be transferred to QM B because we made queue available to cluster

but it is not happening, please help and suggest me good tutorial
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

There is an attribute at qmgr level and also at queue level that determines if a message put to the queue from the qmgr will go to the qmgr's queue instance or be round robing... Read up on your cluster manual and you should find it.
narayanarvr
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Thanks for your reply, but I created a simple cluster, it is not workload balancing, followed below steps in cluster manual, they did not specify any other steps, what is the attribute, help me.

1. Decide on the organization of the cluster and its name
2. Determine which queue managers should hold full repositories
3. Alter the queue-manager definitions to add repository definitions
4. Define the CLUSRCVR channels
5. Define the CLUSSDR channels
6. Define the cluster queue INVENTQ
7. Starting listeners
8. Verify and test the cluster using amqsput clusterqueuename qmname
exerk
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: cluster queue not appearing in other queue manager Reply with quote

Jedi Council

narayanarvr wrote:
...I created Cluster queue in QM A, and put one test message but it is not going to QM B...

If I understand you correctly, you have defined one queue in QM A and that is the only instance of the queue in the cluster? If so, there is only one place that messages will go, and that's that one instance of the queue.

Try putting a message to the queue again, but from the other queue manager in the cluster that does not have an instance of the queue.
narayanarvr
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

thanks for reply, yes I have defined one queue in QM A and that is the only instance of the queue in the cluster

My aim is to send data from Queue Manager A to Queue Manager B.

as per manual after creating the cluster if we put message in QM A's queue then it should go to QM B's queue, it is not happening.

I created a cluster queue in QM A

Define QLOCAL(INVENTQ) cluster(INVENTORY), made it available to cluster, it is showing from cluster (cluster queue).

how can I achieve this, if I sent data to INVENTQ in QM A it should go to QM B in INVENTQ, here INVENTQ is cluster queue, do I need to create in both the queue manager's in cluster, not needed I assume, please help me.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

narayanarvr wrote:
do I need to create in both the queue manager's in cluster, not needed I assume, please help me.

You assume wrong. If that's the assumption you got from reading the documentation, read it again.

Queues, even cluster queues, are hosted by specific queue managers. You defined the queue in A, so it goes to A. If you define it B, it goes to B. If you define it in both, it goes to one or the other (but not both) in the round robin fashion described above.

Happy Easter. Re-read the material.
exerk
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

narayanarvr wrote:
...if I sent data to INVENTQ in QM A it should go to QM B in INVENTQ...

How? Why do you expect a message to go from a queue in one queue manager to a non-existent queue in another queue manager?

narayanarvr wrote:
...here INVENTQ is cluster queue...

Yes, which means it is available to other queue managers in the cluster to send messages to it.

narayanarvr wrote:
...do I need to create in both the queue manager's in cluster...

Yes, and also look at other attributes of that queue, as stated by fjb_saper in his post.
narayanarvr
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

HI all,

I am using MQ 7.5 and I created cluster queues on both queue managers (2 queue managers part of cluster ), I have CLUSSDR, CLUSRCVR, and one local queue which is shared in a cluster, listeners were running, I put one message in QM A to send it to QM B.

Still I dont see message transfer, I can see the queue in cluster, this is very simple cluster, I dont see other attributes which are relevant, any one help me this?
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Did you not read my post, the one above your last one?
narayanarvr
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi,

I read your post and created same queue in other qm as well, I read fjb_saper post, but not able to find attributes that are suited,

"There is an attribute at qmgr level and also at queue level that determines if a message put to the queue from the qmgr will go to the qmgr's queue instance or be round robing... Read up on your cluster manual and you should find it."
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

narayanarvr wrote:
Hi,

I read your post and created same queue in other qm as well, I read fjb_saper post, but not able to find attributes that are suited,

"There is an attribute at qmgr level and also at queue level that determines if a message put to the queue from the qmgr will go to the qmgr's queue instance or be round robing... Read up on your cluster manual and you should find it."

Look very,very carefully, for 'Parameter descriptions for DEFINE QUEUE and ALTER QUEUE' in the KC - that's your
narayanarvr
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

I have clustername which I have already given and queue is part of lcuster and also clchname ('channel name' ) -- is this the one ?
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

narayanarvr wrote:
I have clustername which I have already given and queue is part of lcuster and also clchname ('channel name' ) -- is this the one ?

Try reading through every cluster related attribute
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

narayanarvr wrote:

No.
narayanarvr
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

I am creating this simple cluster using MQ Explorer, please help me if I miss anything, nothing was discussed in cluster manual regarding attributes, and I am not doing it using command line.

Are below attributes helpful to do or send message.

CLUSTER
DEFBIND
CLUSQT
CLUSQMGR
QMID
CLWLRANK
CLWLPRTY

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » cluster queue not appearing in other queue manager
Jump to: