ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Finding the applications connected to the Queue Manager

Finding the applications connected to the Queue Manager « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
iNikhil
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Finding the applications connected to the Queue Manager Reply with quote

Hi All,

Could you please help me to find the number of applications connected to a particular Queue manager. Please help me to find the applications connected to the queue mangers.

Thanks in advance.

Nikhil
umatharani
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

You can run "DIS CONN(*) ALL" runmqsc command to find the applications connected to the queue manager. This command displays all connection information and includes connections from the applications and MQ queue manager processes.

Thanks,
mahesh
iNikhil
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umatharani wrote:
You can run "DIS CONN(*) ALL" runmqsc command to find the applications connected to the queue manager. This command displays all connection information and includes connections from the applications and MQ queue manager processes.

Thanks,
mahesh

Thanks Mahesh.
This command returns so much of information. Can we modify this command to get only the external applications list that are connected to the QMGR
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

runmqsc supports a where clause, that can test a single connection.
iNikhil
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mqjeff wrote:
runmqsc supports a where clause, that can test a single connection.

But for that do we need to know the connecting application name ?
Here the scenario is, I dont know the number and names of the applications connected to the QMGR1. How can I get to know by issuing a command ? Can you please give a sample command ?

Thanks
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

iNikhil wrote:
...Can you please give a sample command ?...

All the relevant commands are listed HERE...

...the Knowledge Centre should always be your first option.
tczielke
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

Another option is to use dspmq -c. This command can also provide application connection information, even when the queue manager is quiescing. Here is an example of running dspmq -c (with some extra formatting) on Unix:

Code:

for i in `dspmq -m QM1 -c | xargs -n1 | grep PID | cut -d'(' -f2 | cut -d')' -f1`; do ps -p $i -o user,pid,args; done

PaulClarke
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You could also take a look at MQSCX. By default this will display the number of responses for each DISPLAY command issued. So, for example....

Code:

dis conn(*)
CONN(4E58E45620001D01)                  EXTCONN(414D51434E5450474331202020202020)                   TYPE(CONN)
CONN(4E58E45620001B01)                  EXTCONN(414D51434E5450474331202020202020)                   TYPE(CONN)
CONN(4E58E45620001801)                  EXTCONN(414D51434E5450474331202020202020)                   TYPE(CONN)
CONN(4E58E45620001501)                  EXTCONN(414D51434E5450474331202020202020)                   TYPE(CONN)
CONN(4E58E45620001401)                  EXTCONN(414D51434E5450474331202020202020)                   TYPE(CONN)
Total display responses - Received:22

By using the WHERE clause, =WHERE and =FIND() etc you can easily count up whatever you want. If you are not interested in the responses themselves but just the number then you easily print just that out too or even write it to a file.

Cheers,

Paul.
iNikhil
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tczielke wrote:
Another option is to use dspmq -c. This command can also provide application connection information, even when the queue manager is quiescing. Here is an example of running dspmq -c (with some extra formatting) on Unix:

Code:

for i in `dspmq -m QM1 -c | xargs -n1 | grep PID | cut -d'(' -f2 | cut -d')' -f1`; do ps -p $i -o user,pid,args; done

Thanks tczielke.
I need to check this in Windows OS.Can you please get me the same code for Windows OS.
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Sorry I think I must have misunderstood what you wanted. Actually I'm still not sure. Can you say why the command:

Code:
DIS CONN(*) appltag pid

is not what you want ?

Cheers,

Paul.
tczielke
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

iNikhil wrote:
tczielke wrote:

Code:

Thanks tczielke.
I need to check this in Windows OS.Can you please get me the same code for Windows OS.

For a Windows batch commad, I would recommend you research how you could do this with the tasklist command.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Finding the applications connected to the Queue Manager
Jump to: