ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB 10.0.0.3 installation issue

IIB 10.0.0.3 installation issue « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
saptarsi
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject: IIB 10.0.0.3 installation issue Reply with quote

Hi,

I am facing issue while installaing IIB 10.0.0.3 version. The Integration Node is getting created but the Integration server is not getting created. My user is having the admin right and MQ version is 7.5. Due to security reason in my organization the command prompt is blocked and hence I cant even run the admistrative commands.

The windows event log states the following:

-------------------------------------------------------
An error occurred publishing integration node event on topic ''IBM/IntegrationBus/<Node name>/Status'' using the ''MQTT'' transport.

The integration node was unable to publish an event on the topic due to an unexpected error. The cause of this failure is specified in the message or message that follow.

Ensure that the configuration of the transport used to publish the event is correct, and that the transport is available.

-------------------------------------------------------

An MQTT Publish using ''pubsub_AdminEvents_MQTT_localhost_11883_pubsubDefault'' detected an exception when it was attempting to publish to topic ''IBM/IntegrationBus/<Node name>/Status'' using server connection ''tcp://localhost:11883'', Client id ''<Node name>.1472'', Security identity username '''' and Security identity ''pubsubDefault''.
The exception is ''Client is not connected''.
The exception stack trace is ''[org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ExceptionHelper.createMqttException(ExceptionHelper.java:31), org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientComms.sendNoWait(ClientComms.java:143), org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.MqttAsyncClient.publish(MqttAsyncClient.java:859), org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.MqttAsyncClient.publish(MqttAsyncClient.java:837), com.ibm.broker.connector.mqtt.MQTTOutputInteraction.send(MQTTOutputInteraction.java:114)]''.

An MQTT Publish using ''pubsub_AdminEvents_MQTT_localhost_11883_pubsubDefault'' detected an exception when it tried to connect to the MQTT server.

Check that the MQTT server is active, you are using a unique Client ID and the correct Security identity and that the Security identity is configured with the correct credentials for the server connection.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Is the problem due to the fact that mqsicommandconsole is not working? Please let me know for any probable solution.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Quote:

Due to security reason in my organization the command prompt is blocked

For everyone? Even in a development environment?

Why? This is a new one on me.

Not sure if this is a or a moment

There a re good number of things in IIB that can only be done from the command line.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Moved to Broker forum
saptarsi
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes for everyone. Separate approval needs to be taken to enable the same. I am in the process of getting the same. But in the mean time trying to understand is it really this issue?

Seems like as because the MQ is now detached, it is trying to connect to the internal MQTT broker and the connection of which it is failing.

Any idea on the resolution?
timber
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
Any idea on the resolution?
OK, since you asked...
The only proper resolution for this problem is to explain, perfectly clearly, why the current policy is not appropriate for developers. If you just follow the process and get 'approval' for yourself then the next developer will have the same problem as you.
saptarsi
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yaa dats true.. its the organisation's policy and no one have any hand in it. But is it really because of this? Will getting the access of command console solve the issue? Are you getting any hint from the event logs as to where this have failed and any other probable solution there apart from the access to command console?
timber
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
But is it really because of this?
Maybe. Maybe not. But you will not be able to work as an IIB developer without command-line access, regardless of the problem that you asked about.
And the installation issue may well be connected with this policy, or with similar restrictive policies that are not appropriate on a developer's machine. So the conversation with whoever owns that policy is likely to be required anyway.
zpat
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

It depends, we allow our developers to create brokers on their own PCs.

We do not allow them to create brokers or EGs on our shared development infrastructure because it would result in chaos.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

zpat wrote:

We do not allow them to create brokers or EGs on our shared development infrastructure because it would result in chaos.

but do you allow them access to the command line on that infrastructure?

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

smdavies99 wrote:
zpat wrote:

We do them same as @zpat (for what sounds like the same reasons!) and we don't allow command line access on the shared infrastructure.

We do provide them with a minder / handler (zoo keeper?) that is both a trained administrator and accountable to me. So while they don't have direct access, they do have access.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Vitor wrote:

We do provide them with a minder / handler (zoo keeper?) that is both a trained administrator and accountable to me.

Oh, this guy I gotta meet. The stories he must have. MQ Tech Conference 2016?
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

PeterPotkay wrote:
Vitor wrote:

We do provide them with a minder / handler (zoo keeper?) that is both a trained administrator and accountable to me.

Oh, this guy I gotta meet. The stories he must have. MQ Tech Conference 2016?

You did meet me. At MQTC 2014. Or at least my mild mannered alter ego.
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

smdavies99 wrote:

The command line vs GUI is irrelevant - developers are not allowed to be in the mqbrkrs group and the groups they are in are granted a limited amount of authority using setmqaut rules on SYSTEM.BROKER objects.

Depending on the environment they might have deploy access, but not to create new EGs, brokers, queues and so on. We believe in shared infrastructure wherever possible which helps put in place the controls for production.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

zpat wrote:
Depending on the environment they might have deploy access, but not to create new EGs, brokers, queues and so on. We believe in shared infrastructure wherever possible which helps put in place the controls for production.

We don't even grant deploy access; all deployment must be done via the automated tooling and the stage gate / security checks embedded therein.

If I had my way, and having seen some of the code, I'd take that away as well.....
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

zpat wrote:

That seems eminemtly sensible.

the OP seemed to say that he had no command line access at all. That is very drastic even for somewhere like a Bank. This is not implying that for most environments, this is ridgidly controlled. This is right and proper.
However in a development environment (say a developer workstation or Laptop) having no access at all the command line at all is very harsh.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB 10.0.0.3 installation issue
Jump to: