ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexWebSphere Message Broker (ACE) SupportQuery regarding IIB supported protocols

Query regarding IIB supported protocols View previous topic :: View next topic
jpunathil
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:02 am Post subject: Query regarding IIB supported protocols Reply with quote

I have a question regarding the support of IIB on below mentioned protocols listed :

JX -
ebMS -
AS2 -
Zengin TCP/IP -
Zengin BSC -
JCA -
HULFT -

Could you please help us to get more details on the Adapters, Plug-ins or any out of the box features that are available to support the integration of above mentioned protocols/data formats. Any details around this is highly appreciated.
maurito
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:13 am Post subject: Re: Query regarding IIB supported protocols Reply with quote

Partisan

jpunathil wrote:
I have a question regarding the support of IIB on below mentioned protocols listed :

JX -
ebMS -
AS2 -
Zengin TCP/IP -
Zengin BSC -
JCA -
HULFT -

Could you please help us to get more details on the Adapters, Plug-ins or any out of the box features that are available to support the integration of above mentioned protocols/data formats. Any details around this is highly appreciated.

Have you done any investigation yourself ? a quick search on the Knowledge Centre will give you some , if not all of the info you are asking
jpunathil
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

maurito wrote:

Have you done any investigation yourself ? a quick search on the Knowledge Centre will give you some , if not all of the info you are asking

Yes I did. Here are the protocols as supported for IIB v10:

The product supports a wide range of protocols: WebSphere® MQ, JMS 1.1 and 2.0, HTTP and HTTPS, web services (SOAP and REST), File, Enterprise Information Systems (including SAP and Siebel), and TCP/IP.
It supports a broad range of data formats: binary formats (C and COBOL), XML, and industry standards (including SWIFT, EDI, and HIPAA). You can also define your own data formats.

We are looking for the inbuilt tool capabilities in IIB for supporting a Japan implementation. Couldn't find any out of the box features as such. Here are my understanding :

JX - EDI Master B2B using TCP/IP protocol ( with SOAP RPC standards). Can be supported via X12 support using WTX plugins.

ebMS - e-business XML Messaging Service offers a secure and reliable SOAP/Web Services. Underlying protocols are HTTP and SMTP. This can be supported via HTTP/HTTPS nodes available in IIB. However not sure about the message compliance part.

AS2 - Applicability Statement 2 is a specification to transport data securely and reliably over the network. Can be supported via Sterling B2B Connectors plug-in or the option of ConnectDirect or MQFTE/ HTTPS can also be utilized to integrate.

Zengin TCP/IP - Data transmissions between financial institutions and the Zengin system must comply with the Japan Bankers Association Standard Communication Protocol, known as the Zengin protocol. Zengin Protocol was developed by the “ZENGINKYO” (Japanese Bankers Association). TCP/IP nodes in IIB can be used for connectivity but for the ZENGINKYO compliance there might be additional compliance certificate requirement.

Zengin BSC - Backup Site connectors. TCP/IP nodes in IIB can be used for connectivity but for the ZENGINKYO compliance there might be additional compliance certificate requirement.

JCA - Java EE Connector Architecture. IMS Connect nodes in IIB can be used for integrations.

HULFT - HULFT is middleware that performs various functions based on the TCP/IP protocol, including file transfer, between platforms connected to each other via a network. It can be used for platforms connected via a LAN. File, FTE or CD nodes in IIB could be used for integrations.

Any information on the same is highly appreciated..
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You may find it generally easier to use Java code or .NET code to handle the communications part (TCP/IP) of these protocols. I suspect you will find that the wire-level parts of these protocols are complex to support.

There is also a sample Adapter if you wanted to write your own, and I believe there's a sample that uses the Connector interfaces. Again, this would likely be Java code.

For at least some of these protocols you should look at the Industry packs for IIB. The Retail Pack, or etc.
jpunathil
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

mqjeff wrote:
You may find it generally easier to use Java code or .NET code to handle the communications part (TCP/IP) of these protocols. I suspect you will find that the wire-level parts of these protocols are complex to support.

There is also a sample Adapter if you wanted to write your own, and I believe there's a sample that uses the Connector interfaces. Again, this would likely be Java code.

For at least some of these protocols you should look at the Industry packs for IIB. The Retail Pack, or etc.

Yes, I Agree.. But even though we can have custom connectors written in Java, I am not quite sure of the compliance part atleast for the Zengin format. Also there are options as Configurable services that can be configured within the broker.

Here are few details on importing the external connectors & Configurable services -

External connectors can be imported into IIB via jar files based on the IBM documentations provided as below :
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/cb23115_.htm

Services can also be configured as configurable services as per the link below:
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/an60170_.htm?lang=en
zpat
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

If you can obtain a JMS interface for these protocols - you might be able to use the JMS nodes in broker to invoke them.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

The compliance part can perhaps be addressed by using a licensed/approved/declared compliant 3rd party library - Java or .NET or C++. You then only have to provide wrappers that interpret or build MbElement trees.

I've never heard of Zengin.
vishBroker
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi jpunathil,

Have you done the integration of HULFT with IIB? If yes, could you share some pointers.

My $0.02 -
My new client gave me similar requirement. When I analyzed it, I see a simple solution -
1. HULFT software can transfer files and put in one of the directory. [using HULFT protocol]
2. IIB can read the files from that folder using FTP/SFTP.
3. Better still, we can use MQ MFT to read from the folder [#1] and transfer it to IIB for further transformation.

4. I did not see a need for IIB or MQ MFT to talk to HULFT solution. The ASK is to transfer the files.
[Why would I care, how the files are put in that directory].

Is there something, that I am missing.
Your experience with HULFT will help. Kindly share.

MQSeries.net Forum IndexWebSphere Message Broker (ACE) SupportQuery regarding IIB supported protocols
Jump to: