ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity
 
  MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups
 
Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages
 
RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexWebSphere Message Broker SupportIIB v10 Web UI Permission issue

Post new topicReply to topic
IIB v10 Web UI Permission issue View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
jpunathil
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:04 pm Post subject: IIB v10 Web UI Permission issue Reply with quote

Newbie

Joined: 30 Apr 2010
Posts: 8

Hi,

I am setting up Web UI for the Broker node created locally.

I have followed the steps as mentioned in http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/1312_fan/1312_fan.html

I am usisng the default port 1416 for the UI.

However I am getting the message after logging in using the user - wmbadmin1 as below:

"The logged-on user ID does not have the required permissions to access data or broker resources in the web user interface. See your broker administrator to set up the required permissions"

Please help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:14 am Post subject: Re: IIB v10 Web UI Permission issue Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

Joined: 18 Nov 2003
Posts: 19729
Location: LI,NY

jpunathil wrote:
Hi,

I am setting up Web UI for the Broker node created locally.

I have followed the steps as mentioned in http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/1312_fan/1312_fan.html

I am using the default port 1416 for the UI.

However I am getting the message after logging in using the user - wmbadmin1 as below:

"The logged-on user ID does not have the required permissions to access data or broker resources in the web user interface. See your broker administrator to set up the required permissions"

Please help.

You did not specify the version you are using. Looks like you did only half the job. You also have to set up the web users. It's all in the infocenter and in the link you mentioned
Don't use any default ports. Assign them specifically. 1416 is not a default port for the WebUI, 4414 and up if this one is taken would be.
_________________
MQ & Broker admin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jpunathil
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:47 am Post subject: Re: IIB v10 Web UI Permission issue Reply with quote

Newbie

Joined: 30 Apr 2010
Posts: 8

Toolkit Version is 10.0.0.1

Sorry the port id 4417.

I have executed executed the steps for adding the users as well. Also configured the steps for setting up Groups and Users.

mqsireportproperties TEST -b webadmin -o server -a
mqsiwebuseradmin TEST -c -u wmbadmin1 -r wmbadmin1 -a wmbadmin1pw
mqsiwebuseradmin TEST -c -u wmbuser1 -r wmbuser1 -a wmbuser1pw
mqsiwebuseradmin TEST -l

mqsistop TEST
mqsichangebroker TEST -s active
mqsistart TEST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:51 am Post subject: Re: IIB v10 Web UI Permission issue Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

Joined: 18 Nov 2003
Posts: 19729
Location: LI,NY

jpunathil wrote:
Toolkit Version is 10.0.0.1

Sorry the port id 4417.

I have executed executed the steps for adding the users as well. Also configured the steps for setting up Groups and Users.

mqsireportproperties TEST -b webadmin -o server -a
mqsiwebuseradmin TEST -c -u wmbadmin1 -r wmbadmin1 -a wmbadmin1pw
mqsiwebuseradmin TEST -c -u wmbuser1 -r wmbuser1 -a wmbuser1pw
mqsiwebuseradmin TEST -l

mqsistop TEST
mqsichangebroker TEST -s active
mqsistart TEST


And how did you set the permissions for version 10? The document your link points to, is for version 9. Remember Version 10 can have the permissions either like V9 as MQ permissions or as V10 type on the file system, but you have to tell it which way you want to go.
_________________
MQ & Broker admin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jpunathil
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie

Joined: 30 Apr 2010
Posts: 8

Thanks.

I tried with MQ as the security option. Also the scripts were for IIB v9 version. I was expecting not much change in the commands but it seems there are lot of commands that are changed in the v10 version.

I tried with the real v10 steps and I am able to see the Web UI active.

Thanks for your help !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tungnt3010
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie

Joined: 23 Jul 2018
Posts: 3

jpunathil wrote:
Thanks.

I tried with MQ as the security option. Also the scripts were for IIB v9 version. I was expecting not much change in the commands but it seems there are lot of commands that are changed in the v10 version.

I tried with the real v10 steps and I am able to see the Web UI active.

Thanks for your help !


I have same issue in v10. Could you show the real v10 steps?
Tks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
timber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sentinel

Joined: 25 Aug 2015
Posts: 817

Quote:
I have same issue in v10. Could you show the real v10 steps?
You will need to explain what you have tried, and what happened. Otherwise we are will probably waste our time (and yours) telling you stuff that you know already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tungnt3010
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Newbie

Joined: 23 Jul 2018
Posts: 3

timber wrote:
Quote:
I have same issue in v10. Could you show the real v10 steps?
You will need to explain what you have tried, and what happened. Otherwise we are will probably waste our time (and yours) telling you stuff that you know already.

I have already created in the topic
http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=75549&sid=043d628e262cdcc9afe96cd496ab713d[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:
Post new topicReply to topic Page 1 of 1

MQSeries.net Forum IndexWebSphere Message Broker SupportIIB v10 Web UI Permission issue
Jump to:



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Protected by Anti-Spam ACP


Theme by Dustin Baccetti
Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Copyright MQSeries.net. All rights reserved.