ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » TCpClientINput Node - waiting for a data record

TCpClientINput Node - waiting for a data record « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vickas
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:37 am    Post subject: TCpClientINput Node - waiting for a data record Reply with quote

Centurion

Can someone make me understand the basic parameter , waiting for a data record which is on the TCpClientINput Node .

I understand that this is the timeInterval for which the node waits to recieve more data ( after recieving data ) . if suppose if i set to 60 secs & if the node doesnt recieve any data for 60 secs (i.e after recieving the data for a while ) then this will trig to failure terminal when connected.

so, inorder to test this , i have used an open source TCPserver called as Sockettest . using this am able to put data & my flow is able to recieve data but when i stop putting messages for more than 60 secs , the flow isnt being propagated to failure terminal as expected .

is my understanding wrong ? if so , how will the waiting for a data work ?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: TCpClientINput Node - waiting for a data record Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

vickas wrote:
Can someone make me understand the basic parameter , waiting for a data record which is on the TCpClientINput Node .

I understand that this is the timeInterval for which the node waits to recieve more data ( after recieving data ) . if suppose if i set to 60 secs & if the node doesnt recieve any data for 60 secs (i.e after recieving the data for a while ) then this will trig to failure terminal when connected.

is my understanding wrong ? if so , how will the waiting for a data work ?

What does the infocenter say about this? Not my interpretation. I would expect it to be propagated to the output terminal... or the no data terminal?
vickas
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

HI FJB ,

Here is what the infocenter says "

Use the Timeout waiting for a data record (seconds) property to specify how long the node listens on a connection for more data after the first byte of data has arrived. You can specify any length of time in seconds. The default is 60 seconds. When the specified time has been exceeded, all available data is sent to the Failure terminal. "

but this is not happening with the flow when i send a request with opensource TCP server.

I lso do not understand this " all available data " . its only when the node doesnt recieve any data then it is propagated to failure terminal .
now i dont understand where do this "all available data " come from ?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

vickas wrote:
HI FJB ,

Here is what the infocenter says "

Use the Timeout waiting for a data record (seconds) property to specify how long the node listens on a connection for more data after the first byte of data has arrived. You can specify any length of time in seconds. The default is 60 seconds. When the specified time has been exceeded, all available data is sent to the Failure terminal. "

but this is not happening with the flow when i send a request with opensource TCP server.

I lso do not understand this " all available data " . its only when the node doesnt recieve any data then it is propagated to failure terminal .
now i dont understand where do this "all available data " come from ?

You did not say what you specified as record detection.
All available data in this context means to me that
  1. you don't have a record as defined by your input criteria
  2. you do have some kind of data, either random or partial record.
    This data will be propagated to the Failure terminal.

Hope this clarifies it a bit...
vickas
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi fjb ,
Thnx for ua reply.

I have set record detection as delimited - customer delimiter -postfix. . what will the record detection do with the timeout scenrio ? How both are related ??

Apart from this , if at all I get a time out scenrio ( I.E not getting any data until it exceeds timeout - which is set on tcpclientinput node) then I want to disconnect n reconnect the connection to the server. So if I dnt get any data , I can use the trigger whch is default generated n propagtaed by the timeout record to close the connection by connecting to the close terminal of the tcpclientoutput node but how do I reconnect the server ?
Will the tcpclientinput node will be capable of again connecting automatically ?
I want to use only min & max of 1 connection only.
How do I achieve this ?? Any guidance plsss.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » TCpClientINput Node - waiting for a data record
Jump to: