ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » large message cannot be processed

large message cannot be processed « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

rahuldhanpal wrote:
This is a temporary dynamic queue...

And this queue is used for a reply-to-queue and reply-to-qmgr request/reply pairing?

rahuldhanpal wrote:
...and i also compared the configs of the base model queue between two environments which look similar in all configurations...

'look similar' or are exactly the same?

Last (crazy) questions - the base model queue is the one being actually being used by the application to construct the temp dyn, and are you able to trap the MAXMSGL of the temp dyn before it's destroyed and check that against the model?
rahuldhanpal
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

exerk wrote:
rahuldhanpal wrote:
This is a temporary dynamic queue...

And this queue is used for a reply-to-queue and reply-to-qmgr request/reply pairing?

rahuldhanpal wrote:
...and i also compared the configs of the base model queue between two environments which look similar in all configurations...

'look similar' or are exactly the same?

Exactly same

Last (crazy) questions - the base model queue is the one being actually being used by the application to construct the temp dyn, and are you able to trap the MAXMSGL of the temp dyn before it's destroyed and check that against the model?

Everything counts when things dont work , And Yes the temp dyn MAXMSGL matches the base q
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

I'm with SamDavies on this one. You need to check throughout the whole cluster...
bruce2359
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

rahuldhanpal wrote:
This is a temporary dynamic queue ...

What is maxmsglength on the dynamic queue model (QModel) on the qmgr the app connects to?

And what is the actual message length the replying app will return to the temp-dynamic queue?

Does the message end up in a dead-letter queue? Or does the message just 'disappear?'

It would be very helpful if you provided specifics, and not just that a message couldn't be processed.
rahuldhanpal
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

[quote="bruce2359"]
rahuldhanpal wrote:

What is maxmsglength on the dynamic queue model (QModel) on the qmgr the app connects to?
this queue is on the gateway qmgr MAXMSGL= 100mb
Quote:

And what is the actual message length the replying app will return to the temp-dynamic queue?

All i know is this is a large order with 125 line items(meaning 125 different products in the message) in the order and we are not able to capture the message size off of the queue
Quote:

Does the message end up in the dead-letter queue? Or does the message 'disappear?'

yes it does disappear and the client app gets a ('MQCC_FAILED') reason '2030' ('MQRC_MSG_TOO_BIG_FOR_Q')

Thanks
RD
rahuldhanpal
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

fjb_saper wrote:
I'm with SamDavies on this one. You need to check throughout the whole cluster...

Agreed and doing the config checks throughout the cluster.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

[quote="rahuldhanpal"]
bruce2359 wrote:
rahuldhanpal wrote:

this queue is on the gateway qmgr MAXMSGL= 100mb
Quote:

All i know is this is a large order with 125 line items(meaning 125 different products in the message) in the order and we are not able to capture the message size off of the queue
Quote:

Does the message end up in the dead-letter queue? Or does the message 'disappear?'

yes it does disappear and the client app gets a ('MQCC_FAILED') reason '2030' ('MQRC_MSG_TOO_BIG_FOR_Q')

Thanks
RD

This makes little sense. I'm confused.

What does 'client app' mean?

What app is seeing the RC2030 error 'message to big for queue?' Be precise here. Is it the requesting app? If so, why is it putting a message on the temp-dynamic queue? Is the queue used as a scratch-pad?

Is the app design a request-reply scenario? If so, is the replying app on the same gateway qmgr?
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

rahuldhanpal wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

So the app never in fact puts the message. What do the app guys tell you they're passing in the buffer, i.e. what's the message payload size? And 125 line items means nothing, e.g. each line item could be 8 bytes, 8 MB etc., and they must know what their app is allocating for the buffer.
rahuldhanpal
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

here's a bit of explanation and will try to put this in simple words ...again apologize for not doing this earlier..

user uses client application which connects to gw qmgr by creating temp dynamic queues and tries to process their activities via the temp queues ..
so for instance if a user is trying to search for an order he/she loads the order number and hits search which should load the order details and behind the scenes there are bunch of queues which his request goes through and eventually hits the database to load the data for that particular order and sends the response back to the same temp queue through which the user is connected and the actual application logic is written in java and is running off of websphere application server.
so yes this is a req/response queue per user and i see the 2030 error message in the websphere JVM log
let me know if this helps or need additional details..

Thanks
RD
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Let us know what is the CCSID of the connection factory?
Can you have the app add debug statements and logging and see if the put ever makes it and what kind of payload is being passed?
bruce2359
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

rahuldhanpal wrote:
... i see the 2030 error message in the websphere JVM log

So, a WAS app gets the 2030 ReasonCode. If I understand you correctly, the requesting app MQOPENs a temp-dynamic queue, then populates a message MQMD with message-type MQMT_REQUEST, populates the reply-to-queue name from the same MQOPEN, and then MQPUTs it into the same temp-dynam queue. Am I understanding this correctly?

Is WAS on the gateway server - the same server with the qmgr in question?
rahuldhanpal
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

fjb_saper wrote:
Let us know what is the CCSID of the connection factory?

CCSID=819 and this is consistent across MQ and websphere connection factories

Quote:

Can you have the app add debug statements and logging and see if the put ever makes it and what kind of payload is being passed?

i read the question wrong .. the put definitely makes it, we have dynatrace monitor websphere jvm transactions and i see all kinds of db calls and external service calls being made for a request and websphere is trying to send out the response back to MQ which fails with 2030 ( this was captured on a realtime transaction at 1:36 PM) and i see the following on the monitoring tool, unfortunately the tool does not monitor MQ for which i would have got detailed logging..

The gateway experience an unhandled exception. ERRORCODE:OMSE020 MESSAGE:This application has experienced a communication error.ERRORCODE=JMSWMQ2007 Message=JMSWMQ2007: Failed to send a message to destination 'APP.TEMPQ.558D9B2C27899A0A'.

Last edited by rahuldhanpal on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
rahuldhanpal
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

bruce2359 wrote:
rahuldhanpal wrote:
... i see the 2030 error message in the websphere JVM log

So, a WAS app gets the 2030 ReasonCode. If I understand you correctly, the requesting app MQOPENs a temp-dynamic queue, then populates a message MQMD with message-type MQMT_REQUEST, populates the reply-to-queue name from the same MQOPEN, and then MQPUTs it into the same temp-dynam queue. Am I understanding this correctly?

absoulutely
Quote:

Is WAS on the gateway server - the same server with the qmgr in question?

Nope WAS is on different lpar
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

And you are using a CCDT to have the client channel size set big enough?
rahuldhanpal
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Yes all the custom client connection channels are defined at 100mb in the ccdt

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » large message cannot be processed
Jump to: