ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Migration plan from WMB v6 to IIB v9

Migration plan from WMB v6 to IIB v9 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
emiddleware
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:03 am    Post subject: Importing WSDL from WMB 6.1 to IIB v9 Reply with quote

Centurion

smdavies99 wrote:
I'd go back to V6 and start there.

Create a nessage set project and copy the WSDL files etc into that.
Delete the files from the flow project and create a reference in the flow project so that it 'links' to the Message Set.

Then you can export BOTH projects and import them into IIB 9.
Then go through the steps of converting them to a Library (the message set) and an Application (the flow).

Hi Smdavies,
I did the same what you said . But when I imported in IIB, somehow it was not materializing as the main message flow was looking for reference. I did that .. But the WSDL was bare .
Is there any other way ?
smdavies99
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

make sure everything is fine in V6.1 with regard to the references.

When you import the project into V9 the flow is not created as an application nor is the Message set created as a library.

You should be able to convert the message set to a library.
Then resolve the reference in the flow project again.
Once that is done and any sub-flows converted to .subflow types you should be able to convert the flow project into an application.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
emiddleware
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

smdavies99 wrote:
make sure everything is fine in V6.1 with regard to the references.

When you import the project into V9 the flow is not created as an application nor is the Message set created as a library.

You should be able to convert the message set to a library.
Then resolve the reference in the flow project again.
Once that is done and any sub-flows converted to .subflow types you should be able to convert the flow project into an application.

I wanted to convert only the message set which contained the WSDL. I right clicked on the message set to convert to "Library". Since it had references to other message flow projects , it converted all to "Library" .. Now I can't revert back to application even ...

Now again I need to re-work by importing again.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Why has a message set project got links to message flow projects?
It would normally be the other way round.

you can also convert just one project to a library/application. The tooling does allow this.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
emiddleware
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

smdavies99 wrote:
Why has a message set project got links to message flow projects?
It would normally be the other way round.

Here independent message sets are there . The link is for common flows which contain java files and esql files.
We have many common flows , subflows. Apart from that we have java code also in common flows .

Quote:
you can also convert just one project to a library/application. The tooling does allow this.

What I did :

1) I first took the independent message flows and I was able to convert them to Application.
2) I was able to convert the independent message sets to Library.
3) Even the ABCService which was containing WSDL got converted to Application.
4) Issue is with Common flows - which contains common esql .. They are getting converted to "Library" only ... not "Application". When I choose to do that Its not . It says since they are having references , they will be converted as Library only . Even the common subflows are converted to Library and not Application.

So my doubt is ,
Can Library contain message flows. My converted Application will be referencing this Library .. Is it possible ?
Since JCN is deprecated in IIB, how can it be used in IIB if I need to import them as library in IIB. Which means that the JCN stuffs will appear as library and contain message flows .. is it ok ?

How can I share screenshot with you ? Probably by sharing screenshots we can compare how it is in WMB and how we can use it in IIB...
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

emiddleware wrote:

Can Library contain message flows. My converted Application will be referencing this Library .. Is it possible ?

Libraries can contain sub-flows if that is what you mean.
I have applications that reference libraries that contain Sub-Flows. They are liked by reference just like in prebious versions.

emiddleware wrote:

Since JCN is deprecated in IIB, how can it be used in IIB if I need to import them as library in IIB. Which means that the JCN stuffs will appear as library and contain message flows .. is it ok ?

Really?
Where did you read that?
Even if it were then it will be around for at least two major releases so there is nothing stopping you from using a JCN

If you import some of the sample projects you can see how java etc is used in IIB. Look at the various projects and how they reference each other. I normally use a separate workspace for all this sort of thing.

Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

smdavies99 wrote:

emiddleware wrote:

Really?
Where did you read that?

Post a link.
kimbert
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

emiddleware said:
Quote:
JCN is deprecated in IIB
That is simply not correct. Please be careful what you post in public forums - rumours have a habit of spreading even when they are wrong. I can positively state that the JavaCompute node is not deprecated, and I cannot think of any situation in which it would ever be.
iibmate
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

kimbert wrote:
Please be careful what you post in public forums - rumours have a habit of spreading even when they are wrong.

emiddleware
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

JCN is present . Sorry folks ..
emiddleware
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

How to identify db connections for WMB and migrate to IIB using configurable services ?
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

emiddleware wrote:
How to identify db connections for WMB and migrate to IIB using configurable services ?

If you mean ODBC - unfortunately (despite my RFE) IBM don't offer an ODBC configurable service.

You have to keep using the venerable and vulnerable ODBC.ini file.
emiddleware
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Friends,

If my WMB message flow contains publish-subscribe node and if I import them to IIB, how will they function ?
I know there is a migration procedure mentioned in https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bq13050_.htm?lang=en
for which the publish-subscribe will be migrated ... as publish / subscribe node is deprecated in IIB .. *** pls correct me if I am wrong ***

The tasks mentioned in the link https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bq13250_.htm lists that wmb broker should be stopped.

In my working environment, the wmb broker is running in development environment and other teams are using it . I can't afford to stop. Its running in Linux. I have IIB installed in my Windows desktop. Do you have steps to migrate in this scenario ?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

emiddleware wrote:
as publish / subscribe node is deprecated in IIB .. *** pls correct me if I am wrong ***

Who told you that? Link please...
Pub/Sub nodes are not deprecated to my knowledge.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

emiddleware wrote:
If my WMB message flow contains publish-subscribe node and if I import them to IIB, how will they function ?

As documented. I know it's a pain reading the documentation to work out the migration strategy you're being paid to perform, but do give it a try.

emiddleware wrote:
I know there is a migration procedure mentioned in https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bq13050_.htm?lang=en
for which the publish-subscribe will be migrated ... as publish / subscribe ode is deprecated in IIB .. *** pls correct me if I am wrong ***

How can you say it's depreciated if there's a migration strategy???

To be clear: publish / subscribe code is not depreciated in IIB. It's perfectly supported. This is the second time you've claimed a function is depreciated for no apparent reason except some crazed misunderstanding on your part. Future wild claims will be moderated.

The fact that the pub/sub functions of the broker have been migrated out of the broker software and into the queue manager does not count as "depreciated". Pub / sub code within IIB, even if migrated from WMB, works.

Note also that this migration happened not in IIBv9 but in WMBv7, which was the first version to use the queue manager for pub / sub support.

The tasks mentioned in the link https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bq13250_.htm lists that wmb broker should be stopped.

emiddleware wrote:
In my working environment, the wmb broker is running in development environment and other teams are using it . I can't afford to stop. Its running in Linux. I have IIB installed in my Windows desktop. Do you have steps to migrate in this scenario ?

This is what you get for using WMBv6.1 way after it's out of support. The steps to migrate the functionality technologically are documented. How you organize and manage it within your specific environment is not only something only you can determine (because we don't have a detailed understanding of your site) but is also your job.

I would imagine (given the constraint I mentioned above on detailed understanding) the steps would be something like:

- arrange a meeting with these other teams
- explain the version of WMB they're using is hopelessly old and out of support
- determine the least disruptive time to migrate
- migrate at that time

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Migration plan from WMB v6 to IIB v9
Jump to: