ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » Connection Pooling JMS

Connection Pooling JMS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
hewitsd
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused about connection pooling, and how I should structure my application for scalability.

I'm working on a proof of concept that uses the P2P model using JMS.

I have coded a singleton that creates a single connection object, and all client requests create their own session and associated objects to send or receive a message. (Because the're not thread safe)

I've read all the stuff about JMS connection pooling, and it looks like it's automatically handled, but I would like to know how.

For now my application sends a message, gets the ID and does a receive for that specific message with a timeout - it's an interactive app, so I have to wait for a reply.

If say, 5 clients execute a send/receive together, 5 sets of objects get created in a thread safe way, ie the objects are member variables, but they all use the same connection.

1. Are the sessions being pooled?

2. Is there a limit to the number of concurrent users that can be doing this, ie do I need to design the application to share say 10 connections to spread the load?

3. As connections are thread safe, does this mean that each send/request will block before processing the next one.

The documentation on this lot is a bit sketchy for JMS, MQ Base classes are explained more fully.

Thanks in advance for any help

Dave Hewitson.
vasukn
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also interested to know how this worked for you. could you please send me the code snippets of how you are handling multiple requests in a thread safe way ?

thanks.

-vasukn (Vasudeva.Kalya@oracle.com)

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » Connection Pooling JMS
Jump to: