ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » PowerShell + .NET MQ classes getting 2058 on multi-inst QMgr

PowerShell + .NET MQ classes getting 2058 on multi-inst QMgr « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
xeonix
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: PowerShell + .NET MQ classes getting 2058 on multi-inst QMgr Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hello, guys!

I need to write some PowerShell to automate administrative tasks.
In order to do that - I need to use .NET MQ Classes.

So I got multi-instance QMgr:
I have 2 nodes in my Windows 2008 R2 Failover cluster (Active/Passive configuration).
According to infocenter's manual I successfully configured WS MQ 7.5.0.2:
1. On first node I created QMgr "QMWAY"
2. Made failover to second node.
3. Added instance of QMgr "QMWAY" on the second node.
Everything works fine, including FTE and IIB.

I've executed "%MQ_FILE_PATH%\bin\amqiregisterdotnet.cmd" on both nodes in order to put .NET MQ classes assemblies to GAC. All assemblies were successfully installed.

Now I'm starting my PS (PowerShell 1.0) script with following stuff:

Add-Type -AssemblyName "amqmdnet, Version=7.5.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dd3cb1c9aae9ec97"
$qmgr = New-Object IBM.WMQ.MQQueueManager("QMWAY")

but constantly getting 2058 aka MQRC_Q_MGR_NAME_ERROR at second line when running it on second node. I tried to run these lines on PowerShell x64, then x86 (32 bit), as Administrator and as regular user (that is a member of "mqm" group) and even as user my QMgr is running under. Still no luck.

When I'm making failover to first node (where QMgr was originally created) - script works like a charm.
But, when active node is second one (where I added QMgr instance) - getting 2058 whatever I do in PowerShell.

The weird thing is, that my QMgr "QMWAY" is up and running, it's displayed by "dspmq" and I'm able to connect to it with MQ Explorer.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » PowerShell + .NET MQ classes getting 2058 on multi-inst QMgr
Jump to: