ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » News/Updates » New: MQ Technical Conference v2.0.1.5

New: MQ Technical Conference v2.0.1.5 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
T.Rob
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Rules changes Reply with quote

Acolyte

MQTCBATS Update

Sessions registered so far…
  • MQ Lost my message (redux) - Glen Brumbaugh
  • Crazy high CPU usage on Z/OS after MQ clients updated to 7.5 - Linda Foley
  • Look, you can see the DR datacenter from here! - AJ Aronoff

If you recognized a couple of those names from the vendor roster, good eye! You spotted the rules changes.

I designed the topic nomination and voting to handle the situation of having more proposed topics than we have time to present. That required some means to pre-select and whittle them down and that requires some lead time. However I was estimating turnout based on Def Con events at which beer is served and that's a totally different crowd with different requirements and response profiles, and whose fund raising events include "Mohawks! $15" booths run by neon mohawk-sporting women.

We have three respondents so far, two of which are employed by sponsoring vendors. Problem is, we have all these prizes and it hardly seems sporting to hand them out just for showing up.

So here's the rule changes:

• Me, Roger and his family are ineligible. People employed by vendors (i.e. session presenters) are invited.
  • I'm blowing off all the voting. Show up with a topic, get in the on-deck circle, grab the mic when it's free.

Don't let that stop you from tweeting your topic ahead of time, posting it in the comments, or emailing it to me, though. It's been kind of fun seeing the topic proposals posted. You do not need a Twitter account to follow along:
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MQTCBATS
https://linkedin.com/in/tdotrob
@tdotrob on Twitter
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

All,

I have just added a "Registration & Welcome" social on Sunday, September 27th, from 5PM to 8PM. The bar will be open and we will have a nice selection of hors d’oeuvres.

In past years, people have asked if there was anything going on for Sunday night and the answer was always no. So for this year, I have decided to add a social event, so that people can unwind from their flight/travel to Kalahari.

For more information about MQTC, please go to: http://www.mqtechconference.com

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
tczielke
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

Hi Roger,

Thanks for hosting another great MQTC conference! Very informative, and I got several practical things that I can apply to my job to make things better for our MQ environment. Looking forward to next year's MQTC!

Thanks,
Tim

MQSeries.net Forum Index » News/Updates » New: MQ Technical Conference v2.0.1.5
Jump to: