ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Broker resource statistics interpretation

Broker resource statistics interpretation « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ruimadaleno
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Broker resource statistics interpretation Reply with quote

Master

I all,

i'm trying to understand how read and analyze info provided by Message broker Resource Statistics. Right now i'm focused on memory usage by parsers.

A parser provides a way to convert a bitstream from one format to another (example: convert a XML to another XML), providing and structure representation of data that can be manipulated, of course this structure needs memory to be stored.

Now let's analyze a simple message flow. For simplicity lets call it "gen".
The "gen" message flow provides 3 operations. Each operation is implemented in a subflow.
"gen" Message flow starts with a "soap input" node and ends in a "soap reply" node.
The design of each one of the 3 subflows is the following:

Input --> serialize data --> getendpoint (WSRR) --> endpoint lookup (search in wsrr) --> setendpoint --> soap request --> soap extract --> graphical mapping --> output

Please note: the implementation, code style, nodes used, other design consideration are not the point here, right now i don't want to improve/modify the flow. I want to conduct a real case study with real data to understand information provided by resource statistics.

Screenshot from Broker Resource Statistics View

[img]https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=88465A3BFD6113AB!315&authkey=!APmffewTaOG8O28&v=3&ithint=photo%2cpng[/img]

so, my interpretation of this values:

- Resource statistics are taken each 20 seconds
- The values displayed in the screenshot above are valid for the a 20 second interval - the values are not cummulative
- There are 2 threads of the message flow "gen" executing in the 20 second interval displayed
- In the 20 seconds interval displayed the XMLNSC parser is consuming 183.64Kb of memory
- In the 20 seconds interval displayed the 2 threads running the "gen" message flow are consuming 183.64+103.80+39.92+71.86+127.75+223.56+23.95+31.94+7.98+15.97 = 1597KB of memory

are the sentences above correct ? i'd like to ear from you experienced WMB users on the subject

Rui Madaleno
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Seems okey to me.

Following URL talks about viewing the statistics of message flow using web interface. link

(I would also suggest that you might also get that confirmed with IBM about the interpretation process of statistics data of mb resources.)

ruimadaleno
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

shashivarungupta wrote:
Seems okey to me.

Following URL talks about viewing the statistics of message flow using web interface. link

(I would also suggest that you might also get that confirmed with IBM about the interpretation process of statistics data of mb resources.)

Hi shashivarungupta,

i forgot to provide info about the environement

this is Webshephere message broker 8.0.0.4 running in a windows server 2008 R2 box.

The link you point is from WMB 9 documentation, is it valid for version 8 ?

Rui Madaleno
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

ruimadaleno wrote:
The link you point is from WMB 9 documentation, is it valid for version 8 ?

Yup, that's the version I check by default when no product details are shared. Anyways... what do you think about your question? Have you searched for 8.0.0.4 ?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Broker resource statistics interpretation
Jump to: