ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Contiguously growing FDC files

Contiguously growing FDC files « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jeevan
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Contiguously growing FDC files Reply with quote

Grand Master

We are getting FDC file cut with probe id ZX006035, and probe type INCORROUT.

I did not find any entry on net for probe id ZX006035.

Often I have seen many FDC files generated but this time, same fDC grows util like 500/600 mb and next start next.

The probe id on all the FDC is same.

Some question,
Is there a document with list of FDC and their cause or only IBM can gives us when we opened PMR?

The naming, I observed two types of naming of the FDC, AMQXXXX.0.FDC or AMQYYYYY.0.FDC is there any meaning of the naming or is there any rule of the naming like AMW+processID.0.FDC etc?

Thanks
J
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Contiguously growing FDC files Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

jeevan wrote:
Often I have seen many FDC files generated

You shouldn't see them "often".

jeevan wrote:
Is there a document with list of FDC and their cause or only IBM can gives us when we opened PMR?

They're entirely for the use of IBM, like the entire FDC file. Common ones appear in public because people talk about them. I was told once that "ZX" probes relate to external issues like OS, but one or both of the people in that conversation may have been drunk.

PMR.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

PMR.

You can enter the probe id into Google, that may help you find technotes discussing the issue, or APARs.

There's not always a match, however. Or even if there appears to be a match, it doesn't actually apply to your situation.

So.

PMR.
Andyh
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

That FDC might typically indicate an inconsistent set of MQ libraries.
Have the FDC's only started appearing since some MQ upgrade ?
Did you stop all of the MQ related processes when the last upgrade occurred ?
For example, if some application has an MQ library loaded at 7.0.1.2 and you upgrade to 7.0.1.3 without restarting that application, then this type of error might occur.
jeevan
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Andyh wrote:
That FDC might typically indicate an inconsistent set of MQ libraries.
Have the FDC's only started appearing since some MQ upgrade ?
Did you stop all of the MQ related processes when the last upgrade occurred ?

Yes, we started seeing these after we upgrade MQ from 7.1.0.3 to to 7.1.0.5

Andyh wrote:

For example, if some application has an MQ library loaded at 7.0.1.2 and you upgrade to 7.0.1.3 without restarting that application, then this type of error might occur.

I will talk to people.

Thanks a lot
jeevan
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Contiguously growing FDC files Reply with quote

Grand Master

Vitor wrote:
jeevan wrote:
Often I have seen many FDC files generated

You shouldn't see them "often".

Often I mean when there are FDC. I do not mean I do see FDC file often but when there are FDC generated, there are many. Again this is an experience not a documented evidence. In fact, I have not seen FDC for a while at all.

Vitor wrote:

jeevan wrote:

They're entirely for the use of IBM, like the entire FDC file. Common ones appear in public because people talk about them. I was told once that "ZX" probes relate to external issues like OS, but one or both of the people in that conversation may have been drunk.

PMR.

That sounds plausible. There seems some issue in our upgrade.
SAFraser
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

I believe the name of the FDC file is the number of the PID of the unhappy process.
Andyh
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

ZX reflects the MQ sub-component where the error was detected, in this case the amqzxma0 process. It has no direct correlation with whether the error is
OS related.

In this case the amqzxma0 process has detected it has been sent an invalid request from an MQ application to start a thread in an amqzlaa0 process to act on behalf of that application.
The FDC will include a structure starting with a "ZMSA" eye-catcher, then a constant 4 byte value of 1018 (decimal), and then a 4 byte value showing the Pid where the request originated.
If you identify that Pid (via ps) you'll almost certainly find the process was not restarted when MQ was upgraded, and that it already had the MQ libraries (at the old level) loaded.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Andyh wrote:
ZX reflects the MQ sub-component where the error was detected, in this case the amqzxma0 process. It has no direct correlation with whether the error is
OS related.

Ah, the demon drink claims another victim. Which way to the temperance meeting?

Andyh wrote:
In this case the amqzxma0 process has detected it has been sent an invalid request from an MQ application to start a thread in an amqzlaa0 process to act on behalf of that application.
The FDC will include a structure starting with a "ZMSA" eye-catcher, then a constant 4 byte value of 1018 (decimal), and then a 4 byte value showing the Pid where the request originated.

Thank you for this clear and sober explaination.

Andyh wrote:
If you identify that Pid (via ps) you'll almost certainly find the process was not restarted when MQ was upgraded, and that it already had the MQ libraries (at the old level) loaded.

Now there's a tip
jeevan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Vitor wrote:
Andyh wrote:
OS related.

Ah, the demon drink claims another victim. Which way to the temperance meeting?

Andyh wrote:

Thank you for this clear and sober explaination.

Andyh wrote:

Now there's a tip

Yes. this is very helpful. I always used to go to Google and find the explanation associated with the probe id. and /or major/minor error code.

Thanks
J
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

This article is very helpful in better understanding FDC files.

http://hursleyonwmq.wordpress.com/2007/05/04/introduction-to-ffsts/

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Contiguously growing FDC files
Jump to: