ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » Web services consumption using MQ Broker

Web services consumption using MQ Broker « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
HydLadka
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Web services consumption using MQ Broker Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I am new to MQ and Brokers, I have been come across a situation where I need to consume and publish the Web services.
My goal is to accept a REST webservice request, convert this REST request to SOAP request and call the SOAP based web service to get the SOAP response, and then convert the SOAP response to REST response message and send back to the consumer.

Please provide me some insights or inputs, or your suggestions on how to proceed on this.

I appreciate everybody's time on this.

Thanks
Raj.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Web services consumption using MQ Broker Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

HydLadka wrote:
Please provide me some insights or inputs, or your suggestions on how to proceed on this.

Write a broker flow that does what you want.

Seriously.

The use case you're describing is why people buy the broker software. The need to write a flow that can do this is why people employ you and me.

You should proceed by developing a flow that accepts REST, has a capability that you've produced to convert the JSON of the REST to the XML of SOAP, makes a SOAP call, and then uses a capability that you've produced to convert the SOAP XML back to JSON and respond. There are as many ways to do this as there are with any programming language, there are any number of training courses that will teach you how to do this and extensive product documentation on how to leverage broker's inbuilt capabilities.

There are also any number of consultants who can be employed to assist and mentor you in this, but the short answer on "how to proceed with this" is "just do your job & you'll be fine".

This is not a complex use case for broker. The resulting flow (however you choose to develop it) is unlikely to be complex. Top newbie mistake - failing to code for all the possible error scenarios. Be sure you have developed something to handle all the possible data format / timeout / connectivity errors that can occur.

Enjoy, and welcome to our world.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » Web services consumption using MQ Broker
Jump to: